If you’ve been eagerly waiting for your opportunity to get on the field for some gruesome football action but didn’t have access to the closed Alpha or Beta, now’s your chance as Mutant Football League has hit open Beta ahead of its fall release.
[READ MORE: Resurrecting Mutant Football]
The beta signals the final stage of development for a game that has seen a successful rebirth after nearly failing during funding. Players can enjoy online multiplayer, a full season mode with the 18 teams of the MFL, a playoff mode and standard quick games.
Full features of the game can be found below via Digital Dreams Entertainment:
- Two player online or four player local MULTIPLAYER gives you the choice to clobber one another or team up and crush opposing miscreants.
- Choose from 18 TEAMS made up of blood thirsty, wisecracking Skeletal Deadheads, Armored Bruiserbots, Criminal Aliens, Mutated Humans and Monstrous Orcs.
- NBA Jam and NFL Blitz hall of fame commentator, Tim Kitzrow gives unforgettable, adult-oriented play-by play commentary for every game.
- Use Dirty Tricks during game play to Bribe the Ref, throw Bombs, or equip Shotguns and Chainsaws to your players to inflict maximum carnage against the unsuspecting competition for real difference-making moments!
- 18 unique fields across the league offer landmines, booby traps, fire pits, toxic moats and buzz saws as fun but deadly obstacles.
- Play as MFL All-Stars Wham Neutron, Bomb Shady, Ghoulio Bones, and more who dominate the league with their rising kill counts and ferocious abilities.
- Multiple punishing play modes like EXHIBITION, PRACTICE, PLAYOFFS, or try to survive a FULL SEASON and reach the ultimate glory: THE MAYHEM BOWL!
- Make the most of POST-PLAY MAYHEM by bludgeoning your opponents with brass knuckles, body slams, and rib-crushing kicks after the whistle blows
- Exploding body parts, comically horrific deaths, and blood splatters fuel the MFL GORE FX visual experience.
[READ MORE: Tim Kitzrow: The Voice of the Mutant Football League]
Mutant Football League launches this fall on PC for $25.99 with a console release coming in early 2018. Be sure to keep an eye out for a full review of the game around its official launch.