For baseball simulation fans, it’s that time of the year again. January is coming to an end and that means the new Out Of The Park Baseball is on its way as Out of the Park Baseball 19 has been announced today.
Out of the Park Baseball 19 Announcement
The game will release March 22 and will cost $39.99, but you can pre-order the title now to get a 10% discount. This option is available only if you buy the game directly from Out of the Park Developments through eSellerate. On Steam, the game has now a coming soon page, and will be available March 22 (the 10% discount will apply there too). Those who pre-order from eSellerate will be able to enjoy the game three days before it officially launches.
Out of the Park Baseball 19 New Features:
- New 3D stadiums and player models with improved on-field movements, including running, sliding, jumping, and throwing.
- New in-game screen design for an optimized virtual dugout.
- 2018 roster sets with all Opening Day MLB rosters, as well as the complete minor league system from Triple-A to rookie leagues as well as the Arizona Fall League. All major league (and over a thousand minor league) player ratings will be based on the popular ZiPS player projection system. The 8 international leagues, as well as independent minor leagues in the US, also return this year with accurate rosters.
- Rewritten scouting reports that give a more detailed and realistic look at players.
- New tournament modes! Create a standalone tournament bracket and draw any teams in history into it. The possibilities are endless!
- Ultra-realistic AI roster management and in-game decisions.
- A reworked ratings module.
- User voting for end-of-season awards
The game’s creator, Markus Heinson, was interviewed on the official OOTP blog and has shared many interesting thoughts and histories from the birth of the game. In the original article, you can also enjoy some insights on OOTP 19. The game will feature “2018 Opening Day rosters, even better 3D ballparks and an improved 3D mode with more advanced player models, a new scouting system, new tournament modes, and much more.”
- 800 custom team logos for fictional leagues
- Improved Manager Home screen, with a more customizable layout and new widget options
- A new stat – RA9-WAR (WAR based on runs allowed) – for pitchers
- Delayed substitutions for injured players, so, for example, you won’t have to replace your injured pitcher right away if your team is going to bat
- Other new features TBA.
Stay tuned with us for more OOTP 19 stuff coming! While you wait, you can enjoy our OOTP 18 review.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!