The newest update for Codemasters’ rally racing game DIRT 5 hits consoles and PC this week. If you own the game on PC or either PlayStation console, you can download DIRT 5 Update 2.00 right now. The patch will come later this week on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
The 2.00 update comes at a time when Codemasters is especially busy in the news. Several larger publishers have made offers to acquire the developers in the past few months, the latest being EA’s $1.2 billion offer. The free seasonal content update is simply part of what makes Codemasters such an appealing acquisition target.
DIRT 5 Update 2.00 brings bug fixes and makes general improvements, but there are two major things coming to the game: Snow Limits content and racing wheel support. The Snow Limits event is a free pack that adds new festive cars, tracks, and Playground items. Players will be able to race on the frozen waters around Roosevelt Island in New York, illuminated by holiday lights. The striking visuals of DIRT 5 really do the new track justice.
Update 2.00 for DIRT 5 begins rolling out today and includes the FREE Snow Limits content pack, available to all players! ❄️
Also: WHEEL SUPPORT on all platforms. PC receives the update today, followed by PlayStation & Xbox in the coming days.
— DIRT (@dirtgame) December 15, 2020
The 2.00 update also includes “extensive” wheel support for DIRT 5 on all consoles. The patch notes highlight popular brands like Thrustmaster, Logitech, and “some Fanatec devices.” For the full lists of changes coming to DIRT 5 Update 2.00, check out the patch notes below.
Update 2.00 – The Snow Limits Pack & More
‘SNOW LIMITS’ FREE CONTENT PACK – New Playgrounds items, new liveries, new Ice Breaker circuit, new customisation items and the option for Snowy conditions in Playgrounds all added, for free to all players
WHEEL SUPPORT – Extensive selection of wheels supported for DIRT 5 across each platform, including Thrustmaster, Logitech and some Fanatec devices
- Further general visual and performance improvements across the board, including visual updates to the ‘Prioritise Frame Rate’/120hz mode on Xbox Series X
- Further FPS improvements when using Image Quality mode on Xbox One and PS4
- Fixed issues causing flickering lights during night-time events
- PC: Further fixes for reports of crashes and startup issues
- Fixed issue causing game freezes in the Career – Sponsors tab when selecting an Amplified Edition sponsor
- Fixes for crashes occurring at the beginning of some Career events for some players
- Added option to listen back to previous podcast episodes from a playlist
- Fixed visual bug in Career mode that shows the player earning more than the maximum amount of Stamps after completing Throwdowns
- Technical changes made to the matchmaking process; search times for lobbies have been increased to improve the likelihood of live lobbies being found
- Friends lobby size increased to eight players
- Fixes for crashes occurring when exiting active multiplayer events
- Fixed multiple bugs causing crashes and performances issues in split-screen play
- Audio fixes for low volume in split-screen mode
- Leaderboard display adjusted to show faster target times
- Resolves occurrences of objects being available for the wrong event type
- Amplified Edition entitlements fully unlocked for Amplified Edition pre-order players
- PS5: Fixed issue with Trophies not unlocking. Any Trophies earned during this issue should unlock for players after completing one event
- Further improvements made to AI behaviour, particularly in races with large grids
- Fixed instance of cars triggering a track reset incorrectly on Arizona – Merrick Butte location
- Fixed issues causing crashes in the post-race menus
- Sprint cars: changes made to handling model following community feedback
- Display fixes for PS4/PS5 Trophy images and text
- General stability and quality of life improvements across each platform to improve your experience
Interesting in learning more about Codemaster’s rally racer? Check out our review of DIRT 5 here. Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!