Last August, we got some leaks about the future of the Need for Speed series. In a Reddit post by TopRamanNoodl3s, he claims the next game in the Need for Speed series will get a visual makeover and shift in a new direction. The Reddit post wasn’t wrong because Electronic Arts officially revealed its next racing game, Need for Speed Unbound.
You ready to do this? Need for Speed Unbound. Make a name for yourself by proving you have what it takes to win The Grand – Lakeshore’s ultimate street racing crown. Launching Dec. 2, 2022. #needforspeed
— Need for Speed (@NeedforSpeed) October 6, 2022
Need for Speed Unbound is the latest game in the Need for Speed series that uses a new unique art style while still using realistic car models.
Need for Speed Unbound is all about self-expression, taking risks, and disrupting the status quo by just being you – through your racing style, unique car builds, fashion, music, and much more. Said Kieran Crimmins, Creative Director at Criterion Games.
Need For Speed Unbound Features
This information comes from Electronic Arts
- The World is Each Player’s Canvas: Graffiti comes to life in a new art style as players ride through the city equipped with a brand-new toolkit of high-energy visual and sound effects, like Burst Nitrous, which rewards players with style-based boost, reflecting how they drive.
- Run the Streets: The more players race, the more heat they build up. Choose to outdrive or outsmart cops using new escape mechanics to take control of the chase to earn big rewards or even bigger consequences for getting busted.
- Self-Expression and Style: Hundreds of cosmetic items including exclusively licensed gear from some of the world’s pioneering fashion innovators and custom automotive gear companies give players endless options to not only kit out their car but show off their personal style in-game.
- Find Freedom in the Flow: Ride to a genre-defying soundtrack of trailblazing artists from the world of hip-hop led by multi-hyphenated artist, entrepreneur, actor and fashion icon A$AP Rocky and his creative agency AWGE, including the world premiere of A$AP Rocky’s brand new track “Sh*ttin’ Me,” also featured in the reveal trailer.
- Takeover Scene featuring A$AP Rocky: A$AP Rocky will appear in-game as the leader of the Takeover Scene, a new replayable precision driving mode that brings together the community to take over parts of the city and celebrate driving with style over pure speed. AWGE also functioned as creative consultant on the game.
You won’t have to wait long for Need for Speed Unbound because the game will release on December 2 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
Are you excited about the newest Need for Speed game? Let us know in the comments. So, how do you feel about the rumors surrounding Need For Speed? Are you open to a new direction in the series? Let us know in the comments. Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest-growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!