Codemasters has announced that the latest installment in its popular Formula One racing series will launch this July with F1 2020.
The game will include a number of brand new features for the franchise including two-play split-screen, more customizable settings, and even a brand new game mode known as My Team.
Details can be found below courtesy of CodeMasters.
My Team – Be the 11th Team on the Grid
My Team is a major new mode for F1® 2020, and a first for the F1® franchise. Alongside the well-established career mode of the F1® games, you’ll be able to experience F1® 2020 as a driver-manager, and it’s going to offer you a unique insight into the world of F1®!
That’s not all though. Whether you’re playing ‘My Team’, or our traditional Career mode, we’re giving you more flexibility with your season lengths, and you’ll be able to choose between the original and full 22 race season (including Hanoi Circuit and Circuit Zandvoort), or shorter 10 or 16 options.
For social play with friends, two-player split-screen makes its welcome return, so you’ll be able to show off those skills against your sibling or fight for first place with your friends.
We’re also adding a host of different options designed to help those of you new to F1® games and adjust the challenge to match your expertise. These modes are in addition to the core F1® and F2™ racing experiences which remain as challenging as ever for those who love the intensity of simulation racing.
Full Game Features:
F1 2020 Feature List
- THE OFFICIAL VIDEOGAME OF THE 2020 FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
- NEW MYTEAM MODE – An immersive driving game, players can now create their own F1 team.
- Create a driver, then choose a sponsor, an engine supplier, hire a teammate and compete as the 11th team on the grid.
- Build facilities and develop the team over time and drive to the top.
- NEW – Two new races: Hanoi Circuit and Circuit Zandvoort.
- NEW – Split-screen racing.
- NEW – Casual race options for more relaxed racing.
- NEW – Shorter season-length options: 10, 16 or full 22 race options.
- All the official teams, the drivers and circuits from the 2020 Formula One World Championship
- Acclaimed ten-year career mode.
- Formula 2, the ultimate training ground for F1, is also included, now with new half or full season options and 2019 and 2020* season content.
- x16 classic F1 cars from 1988-2010.
- Esports – in-game area for the online qualification events, latest news and even watch the new F1 Esports Challenger and Pro Series races.
- More ways to race: Time Trial, Grand Prix Mode, Championships and relive your glory with saveable automated highlights.
- Compete online in Multiplayer: Ranked and Unranked races, Leagues, Customisable Liveries and Weekly Events.
- *Online connection required to download the final teams’ 2020 cars (as applicable) and the F2 2020 season content post-launch.