Formula 1 fans get ready because the first details for F1 2021 have apparently just been leaked. Italian site Aggiornamenti Lumia first spotted the details of the game, which includes an anticipated release date of July 16.
Other features of the game include:
- ‘Braking Point’ — the thrilling new story experience
- New ways to play: two-player Career and ‘Real-Season Start’
- My Team mode – create a driver, choose a sponsor, an engine supplier, hire a teammate and compete as the 11th team on the grid
- Expanded Driver Stats that now include ‘Focus’ and new team-critical Department Events to address
- Split-screen racing for two players
- Casual race options for more relaxed racing whilst new Expert options give experienced players even more control
- Acclaimed ten-year Career Mode, including updated Research and Development and Practice Programmes, and new Quick Practice
- Formula 2, the ultimate training ground for F1 is also included, with short, medium, or full season options and 2020 and 2021 season content
- Esports – in-game area for the online qualification events, latest news and even watch the new F1 Esports Challenger and Pro Series races
- Compete online in Multiplayer: Social and Ranked races, new Quick Join format, Leagues, customisable liveries, and Weekly Events
F1 2021 will be the first Formula 1 game released since EA acquired Codemasters for $1.2 billion earlier this year.
An official announcement for the game should come over the next few weeks. Sports Gamers Online has reached out to EA and Codemasters on the rumor, but no response has been received.
SGO will bring you more as it becomes available.