If you are excited about Electronic Arts’ upcoming Need for Speed game and want to play it early, you’re in luck. Players with an EA Play subscription can play Need for Speed Unbound for up to 10 hours starting today.
Need for Speed Unbound on EA Play
Electronic Arts allows players to access some of its most popular games early in its subscription service. Like Xbox’s Game Pass, EA Play has many of EA’s hit titles ready to play. Games like FIFA 23 and Madden 23 were given similar treatment earlier this year, with players able to play both sports titles days before release for up to 10 hours.
Luckily, Criterion’s newest Need for Speed title is getting the same treatment. Starting today, players can jump into the game and tear up the streets of Lakeshore City.
This newest installment in the Need for Speed series takes a different approach by bringing a vibrant graffiti style to street racing. In addition, the game focuses heavily on customization and player expression through its new art style. And not to mention a bunch of ASAP Rocky cameos.
Once your 10 hours in Lakeshore City are up, you can buy the game when it releases on December 2nd. It will be available on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
Here is a list of features you can expect in Need for Speed Unbound:
- The World is Each Player’s Canvas: Graffiti comes to life in a new art style as players ride through the city equipped with a brand-new toolkit of high-energy visual and sound effects, like Burst Nitrous, which rewards players with style-based boost, reflecting how they drive.
- Run the Streets: The more players race, the more heat they build up. Choose to outdrive or outsmart cops using new escape mechanics to take control of the chase to earn big rewards or even bigger consequences for getting busted.
- Self-Expression and Style: Hundreds of cosmetic items, including exclusively licensed gear from some of the world’s pioneering fashion innovators and custom automotive gear companies give players endless options to not only kit out their car but show off their personal style in-game.
- Find Freedom in the Flow: Ride to a genre-defying soundtrack of trailblazing artists from the world of hip-hop led by multi-hyphenated artist, entrepreneur, actor and fashion icon A$AP Rocky and his creative agency AWGE, including the world premiere of A$AP Rocky’s brand new track “Sh*ttin’ Me,” also featured in the reveal trailer.
- Takeover Scene featuring A$AP Rocky: A$AP Rocky will appear in-game as the leader of the Takeover Scene, a new replayable precision driving mode that brings together the community to take over parts of the city and celebrate driving with style over pure speed. AWGE also functioned as creative consultant on the game.
Are you excited to play Need for Speed Unbound? Let us know in the comments. Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest-growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!