Unfortunately, we are still in the thick of delay season. Games of all sizes have suffered setbacks since the beginning of the pandemic, from AAA titles to indie darlings. So far, some of the AAA titles to fall victim to delays are Breathe of The Wild 2 and Bethesda’s Starfield.
These titles have received massive delays leading into next year. However, in Redout 2‘s case, we will only have to wait a few more weeks, as the new release date is June 16. Redout 2‘s delay comes just two weeks after the developer 34BigThings announced the original release date of May 26.
Hello Redout fans,
We know you have been eagerly awaiting the release of Redout 2 later this month, but unfortunately, the fastest racer in the universe needs just a little more development time before it’s ready to go and will now launch on June 16 on PC, PS5|4, XSX|X1 & Switch pic.twitter.com/ttlu68cTEZ
— Redout 2 (@redout2game) May 20, 2022
Redout 2 Has Been Delayed
“This will help ensure we’re firing on all cylinders out of the gate and delivering the best gameplay experience for everyone. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to racing with you all soon!” – Redout 2 developer 34bigthings on twitter
Sports Gamers Online reached out to 34BigThings earlier this month about reviewing Redout 2. But, we received no indication that a delay was coming at that time. While this delay is disappointing, the announcement was met with understanding from fans of the series. Hopefully, the game benefits massively from this short delay. You can check out some of the key features coming to Redout 2 below.
- Speed & Control: With blazing-fast speeds of over 1,000 km/h and an intuitive driving system, Redout 2 is a blast to pick up and play, but truly rewarding for any who can master its super-high skill ceiling.
- Extensive Career Mode: Fly through hundreds of events across 36 unique racetracks that are reversible! From Arena Races and Time Attacks to Last Man Standing and intense Boss Races, dart past the competition and dominate the finish line.
- Competitive Multiplayer: Take on rivals in intense online multiplayer. Dive into fresh challenges with regularly added custom content and seasons featuring bonus aesthetic rewards.
- Comprehensive Customization: Choose from 12 distinct chassis and fully customize your own hover ship with an incredible selection of propulsors, stabilizers, rudders, intercoolers, flaps, magnets, wings, and spoilers, rocket engines, paints, and more!
- Experience an original futuristic soundtrack from leading electronic artists like the legendary Giorgio Moroder and acclaimed talents such as Zardonic and Dance with the Dead, with tracks seamlessly and dynamically mixed based on real-time race data.
- Create and share your best high-speed moments with Redout 2’s Photo Mode.
Redout 2 races out June 16, 2022. The game will release on PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!