Last year, 34BigThings announced that its newest game in the Redout series was coming in 2022. After a few quiet months, the Italian developer has an official release date for Redout 2. You won’t have to wait long, as Redout 2 races out on May 26, 2022.
MAY 26, 2022
🚀 The fastest racing game in the universe is coming later this month!
👀 Watch the scorching new trailer
— Redout 2 (@redout2game) May 3, 2022
Redout 2 is a futuristic racing game inspired by F-Zero. The first game, Redout, was named Italy’s best Game of The Year in 2017. However, Redout 2 aims to expand on established features from its predecessor and push the game to new heights.
You can check out the extensive list of Redout 2‘s features below.
Redout 2 Features
- Speed & Control: With blazing-fast speeds of over 1,000 km/h and an intuitive driving system, Redout 2 is a blast to pick up and play, but truly rewarding for any who can master its super-high skill ceiling.
- Extensive Career Mode: Fly through hundreds of events across 36 unique racetracks that are reversible! From Arena Races and Time Attacks to Last Man Standing and intense Boss Races, dart past the competition and dominate the finish line.
- Competitive Multiplayer: Take on rivals in intense online multiplayer. Dive into fresh challenges with regularly added custom content and seasons featuring bonus aesthetic rewards.
- Comprehensive Customization: Choose from 12 distinct chassis and fully customize your own hover ship with an incredible selection of propulsors, stabilizers, rudders, intercoolers, flaps, magnets, wings, spoilers, rocket engines, paints, and more!
- Experience an original futuristic soundtrack from leading electronic artists like the legendary Giorgio Moroder and acclaimed talents such as Zardonic and Dance with the Dead, with tracks seamlessly and dynamically mixed based on real-time race data.
- Create and share your best high-speed moments with Redout 2’s Photo Mode.
Redout 2 races out May 26, 2022. The game will release on PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!