Developer Psyonix has released patch 1.31 for Rocket League which includes the new game mode known as Dropshot.
The full patch notes can be found below courtesy of Rocket League’s official website.
- Core 707 is now available when playing Dropshot
- Mannfield (Night) is now available in all playlists
- Neo Tokyo has been removed from Casual and Competitive playlists. The map will remain playable in offline and private matches. In a future update, Neo Tokyo will return to online play with a standard layout
- Painted versions of the “Endo” Battle-Car are available from this crate.
- Painted versions of the “Tachyon” Rocket Trail are available from this crate.
- Seasonal Easter Items can be acquired March 22 through April 17: Easter Egg Antenna, Bunny Ears Hat, Easter Basket Hat
- Registered Voter – Head to ‘Arena Preferences’ and use all of your votes
- Metaverse – Equip the Halo Topper and win a match on Starbase ARC
- Brave the Elements – Complete a match on wasted land, under the sea, and in outer space
- Damage Control – Win a Dropshot match via shutout
- Full Course – Score a total of 18 Goals in Dropshot
- Buckminster – x10 Damage a total of 320 panels in Dropshot
Changes and Updates
- Dropshot – The new Dropshot game mode is now available in the unranked playlists. The goal of the mode is to break the floor with the ball on the opponent’s side, and knock the ball through the hole
- AquaDome has undergone further performance optimization and its overall color saturation has been reduced
- “Spell (Sando Remix)” by Hollywood Principle has been added to the soundtrack
- In-game code redemption has been added. In the future, Players can go to the “Extras” menu, select “Redeem Code,” and enter codes to unlock in-game items
- Time Played is now tracked as a statistic – Time played before this update will not be included in tracking
- Preference weighting has been updated to be simpler. A map’s odds are now changed based on the net percentage of the lobby who like or dislike a map
- If all players in a lobby Dislike a map, it will now never appear
- If half of the players in a lobby Like a map, it will appear 50% more often
- If one player Likes a map and another player Dislikes it, it will appear as often as normal
- Forfeiting a 1v1 match now requires confirmation.
- Loading Screens now reflect the arena being loaded into as well as the game mode. Game Tips are now included on the new Loading Screen
- Painted Items now show a colored border in the UI
- PS4 and Xbox One players can now bind “Air Roll Left” and “Air Roll Right” from the Controls menu
- PS4 and Xbox One players can now disable Light Shafts in the Video options menu
- The default binding for Create Party and Invite Players has been changed to “X” on Xbox controllers, and “Square” on PS4.
- The Trade interface has been updated. All trade offerings will appear on screen without players needing to scroll the list.
- The trade timer now runs for five seconds, up from three seconds.
- A new “Key Selection” setting has been added to the Options Menu (Use Oldest, Use Newest, or Ask Me)
- If the user chooses “Ask Me” a new UI modal will appear when opening a crate that allows players to pick which key to use.
Free Play Training
- You can now select which map to train on after choosing “Free Play” from the Training Menu.
- You can now exit directly to “Free Play” from the end of match menu.
- Custom Training sequences can now be discovered and played cross-platform.
- The Custom Training feature can now be accessed while offline
- A new “Featured” tab has been added that spotlights selected Training Sequences chosen by the Psyonix team
- The Boost Meter now rounds down when you have a fractional amount of boost.
- Party Members can now rejoin Private Matches after exiting to the Main Menu.
- Fixed a rare issue where items would disappear after a completed trade
- The achievement “Rocket Genocider” has been fixed
- Xbox One: Removing a split screen user from a party no longer ends the party
- An issue with the Dominus GT tail lights not working properly has been fixed
- Turning on/off Color Blind Mode no longer causes the field to change colors in Free Play
- Players can no longer pass through the Arena wall on Double Goal (Rocket Labs)
- Trading with one player in your party no longer prevents you from trading with other party members afterwards
- Painted Items are now displayed correctly in the Trade-In menu
- Lobos Wheels now have glowing eyes on both sides of your Battle-Car
- The gun turrets behind the arena in Starbase ARC no longer shoot indefinitely
- Fixed an issue causing Motion Blur to be incorrectly disabled on PS4 and Xbox One
- Optimized the performance of the majority of the Rocket Trails in the game