MLB The Show’s esports season is set to kick off soon with today’s announcement of the MLB The Show 22 Summer Circuit. Players will be able to show off their skills with their Diamond Dynasty squad while competing for Stubs, prizes, and a share of the $25,000 grand prize pool.
MLB The Show 22 Summer Circuit
The Summer Circuit will start on May 21-22 with the first of four Qualifiers. The full schedule is below:
- 1st Qualifier: May 21-22
- 2nd Qualifier: May 28-29
- 3rd Qualifier: June 4-5
- 4th Qualifier: June 11-12
- Finals: June 18-19
Players will compete in an open ladder where they each play 6 three-inning games. Wins reward the player one point, while each loss loses the player one point. The top 64 players make it to day two of the Qualifier. These 64 will compete in a single-elimination bracket tournament of nine-inning games. The prizes for the Qualifiers are listed below:
- 1st Place: 1,050,000 The Show 22 Stubs
- 2nd Place: 600,000 The Show 22 Stubs
- 3rd – 4th Place: 300,000 MLB The Show 22 Stubs
- 5th – 8th Place: 150,000 MLB The Show 22 Stubs
- 9th – 16th Place: 67,500 MLB The Show 22 Stubs
- 17th – 32nd Place: 24,000 MLB The Show 22 Stubs
- 33rd – 64th Place: 11,000 The Show 22 Stubs
- Every player who finishes the minimum number of games (6) will receive 11,000 Stubs, win or lose.
The top 16 players from each of the four Qualifier will be eligible to play in the Grand Finals on June 18-19. On June 18, the 16 players from each Qualifier will compete in a single-elimination bracket until only 4 remain. These 4 will compete on the San Diego Studios Twitch channel on June 19 to win the grand prize of $15,000!
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!