Following a week full of sports gaming news, the SGO Weekly returns summing up things you may have missed. Read below for details on DIRT 5 featuring all-new vehicles, the full feature for F1 2020 and more.
SGO Weekly: DIRT 5 & More!
All-new vehicles for DIRT 5
Deep Silver shared an overview DIRT 5, highlighting the huge range of vehicle classes. The diverse range of classes in DIRT 5 include:
- Cross Raid: features the Volkswagen Race Touareg 3 and the Laffite G-Tec X-Road
- Rock Bouncer known for huge wheels, big suspension, and a large roll cage
- Rally Cross: include the Peugeot 208 WRX and Citroen C3 R5
- Formula Off Road: Ideal for Stampede events, this group houses the WS Auto Racing Mudclaw, a true off-roader with huge ridged tires and incredible power.
- Classic Rally: features the Fiat 131 Abarth Rally and Porsche 924 GTS Rallye
- 80s Rally: combines favorites like the Ford RS200 with newcomers like the Porsche 959 Prodrive Rally Raid
- 90s Rally: includes vehicles like the Subaru Impreza S4 and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI.
- Rally GT: this class houses the Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT-4 and Porsche 911 R-GT.
- Sprint: Vehicles here perfectly rip up dirt oval tracks sideways while sporting wheels of all different sizes, huge wings and 900bhp.
- Pre Runners: The best road-going SUVs and all-purpose vehicles fitted with an off-road kit suited for extreme racing.
- Super Lites: Have fun taming the eye-watering speed of the Ariel Nomad Tactical, Exomotive Exocet Off-Road, and more in these champions of all-terrain challenges.
- Unlimited: Jump in the Jimco Unlimited Truck, Brenthel Industries Unlimited Truck and more to take on the most demanding off-road events in the world.
More details on these classes will be revealed as the launch of DIRT 5 approaches. The game releases October 9 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, followed shortly by Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. A Google Stadia version will be available early 2021.
F1 2020 full features list
After releasing a short trailer, Codemasters detailed a full features list for the upcoming F1 2020. Check out the details below.
- Deeper F2 Integration: Choose from a full season, half season, or three-race F2 experience, before getting started on your 10-season driver career. A 2020 F2 season will be added as free update later in the year.
- Shorter Season Options: F1 2020 promises to bring more ways to play. Choose between the original and full 22 race season (including Hanoi Circuit and Circuit Zandvoort), or shorter 10 or 16 options.
- Rear-view mirror: 2020 introduces a rear-view mirror to help you race wheel-to-wheel against your opponents.
- Customisable OSD: Want to move your circuit map somewhere else or change where your rear-view mirror sits? Move everything to wherever you’d like on screen. The customisable OSD is now available on all platforms
- Simplified ERS: Based on feedback from F1 drivers, Codemasters simplified the ERS to make it more realistic.
- Podium Pass: New to F1 2020, the Podium Pass allows to you Race, Earn and Unlock. Each season you’ll be able to unlock free customization items by racing in your favourite game modes and earning XP. Custom cosmetic items include car liveries, race equipment such as gloves, overalls and helmets, and podium emotes.
In case you missed our coverage from the week, be sure to check out these stories:
- Tennis World Tour 2 Gameplay Trailer
- Madden 21 Closed Beta Details!
- Axis Football 20 Adding New Features to Franchise Mode
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!