The latest update for FIFA 16 is here, and with it several new changes. FIFA 16 Title Update 5 seems largely focused on balance, with improvements having been made in the following categories based on player feedback:
- Penalties and referee decisions
- Defensive pressure
- Player positioning
Here’s the bulk of the changes coming with FIFA 16 Title Update 5, according to the FIFA blog over at EA’s website.
- Improvements to the Rules and Physics systems to have better referee decisions and help address penalty decisions.
- Behavioral changes in ‘Secondary Contain’ and ‘Interceptions’ to help balance high-pressure situations.
- Improvements in how quickly fatigue effects occur for players using ‘Aggressive Interceptions’ and ‘Secondary Contain’. This could, in turn, have an impact on your ability to apply high pressure as the game progresses and your players become increasingly fatigued.
- Instances where no auto tackle launched even when positioned properly.
- Improvements in the positioning system to allow for better attacking runs and support.
This update is only available for PC players at the moment, but consoles are likely soon to follow at a later date, although the timing seems to be up in the air at the moment. In another minor change, attribute boosts provided by chemistry are also being altered, which affect passing, interception, and long shots.
Are you a PC player who has had the chance to check out the update? Weigh in on your experience in the comments below.
UPDATE 12/16/15: The update is now available for PlayStation 4 users.