Sports Interactive and SEGA’s management sim has revealed two more headline features ahead of its release. In the second episode of Football Manager 2022‘s “In the Studio” series, James Allcott and friends delve into the newest features and other core areas of the game. Check it out below.
Football Manager 22 Headline Features Video
Football Manager 22 Headline Features
Transfer Deadline Day
- Revamped Transfer Deadline Day experience better replicates the drama and excitement of one of the most chaotic fixtures in the football calendar.
- Managers will be better informed of the latest done deals, rumors and offers from agents in new hub.
- Dedicated screens allow managers to monitor interest from other clubs in their players, capitalize on players whose contracts are close to expiring, and see which players have been newly listed.
- Revamped UI elements breathe more life into the spectacle of Deadline Day such as: a countdown timer to the end of the transfer window and a ticker bar revealing the latest breaking transfer news.
Football Manager Staff Meetings
- Staff Meetings streamline your interactions with key members of managers’ backroom team to give them more time to focus on the elements of management that matter to them.
- Meetings are a weekly fixture in your calendar and allows managers to better organize pre-match preparation, long-term player development goals, and team structure.
- New functionality additions to maximize the input from their backroom staff.
- The brand-new Data Hub is the go-to destination for everything related to data and performance analysis.
- Managers can delve into team performance metrics to analyze where things are going right over the course of match action and where there is room for improvement.
- Also the ability to view analysis on individual players from within your squad; allowing you to identify strengths to build around and weaknesses to develop on the training ground.
- New data visualizations such as momentum graphs, zone maps, and reworked pass maps make it easier than ever for managers to see how their decision-making affects success.
- Ask analytics team to deliver reports on a wide range of topics, such as the percentage of headers won by their defenders compared to the rest of the league.
Football Manager 2022 Match Engine
- A new animation engine delivers an even greater level of on-pitch authenticity than was previously possible in the series.
- Player movements now far more realistic and natural due to the implementation of Root Motion. On-the-ball dribbles and touches have been reworked to ensure that players have a much greater range of movement; including the ability to pivot on the ball and perform Cruyff turns.
- Significant AI enhancements lead to a more lifelike flow to the passage of play over the course of a match.
- Reworked pressing system means that players now have the concept of their sprint capacity and know when they can/can’t press their opponent.
- Accuracy has been refined to ensure that player condition has a greater impact on the accuracy of a passes, shots, and first touches.
- New Wide Centre-Back player role allows managers to have greater flexibility when operating with a back three. Wide Centre-Backs can be deployed on defense, support or attack with an increasing willingness to overlap, and create 2v1 situations.
Football Manager 2022 drops on November 9th on Steam, the Epic Games Store, and the Microsoft Store. The game will also be available Day One with Xbox Game Pass.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!