We’re less than a week away from the official launch of WWE 2K20, and for many, things are not looking great. Nonetheless, whether you’re cancelling your preorder or planning to play the game for yourself, here’s everything you need to know about WWE 2K20.
WWE 2K20 Features, Gameplay, and More!
New Control Scheme
While over the years there has been small adjustments, overall changes to the controls have not happened since WWE’12. In hopes of making gameplay smoother, WWE 2K20 is introducing brand new controls.
Like most of the game so far, the control scheme unveiling has been met with mixed reactions. Largely, this is due to finishers now requiring you use a combination of buttons. It may not seem like a big deal, but this will up the difficulty in hitting finishers “out of nowhere” or in clutch moments. However, this new setup makes reversals increasingly easier by relying on the use of face buttons like many action-adventure or RPG games.
Additionally, the separation of interaction and navigation techniques means getting around will be more intuitive if not simply easier. This goes especially for matches that include weapons.
Impressive Roster Size
With over 190 superstars (not counting duplicates), this year’s game has one of the biggest roster of all time including Matt Riddle, Mark Andrews, Mia Yim and several others. Check out the official WWE 2K20 roster here.
Give it an asterisk or take with a pinch (or several) of salt. WWE 2K20 is supposed to have better graphics. However, this may be in only in certain areas like lighting, arenas and key marketing superstars. A quick search on your favorite social media platform for WWE 2K20 will provide plenty of details where the game doesn’t hold a candle to many of its predecessors.
Wooooooow!!! Becky Lynch can put her title inside her ass!! Super awsome @WWEgames !!!! I cant wait to see someone trying to take off the title from her ass ?? #WWE2K20 pic.twitter.com/cOGqxvDMja
— Scummy ☠️ (@Scummy53849861) October 15, 2019
Characters aren’t what they used to be, that’s for sure. It also seems like hair physics have taken a step backwards.
Please explain. #WWE2K20 pic.twitter.com/yT325UhEE5
— Tony | LuchArcade (@lucharcade) October 15, 2019
MyCAREER & WWE Universe Mode
The career mode this year will feature male and female storylines that have been fully voiced. You can check out our full coverage of the mode here. In addition, Universe Mode has received several enhancements as well including:
- Major and minor show match limits have increased from 7 to 9.
- Pay-Per-View match limits have doubled from 7 to 14.
- The number of championship titles per major show has increased from 6 to 7.
- Simultaneous rivalries on major shows have increased from 3 to 4.
- Pay-Per-Views can be co-hosted by up to 3 major shows versus the previous 2.
- Players have more freedom to delete and add promos and matches.
- 50 of the most-used cutscenes have been reshot with female mocap actors to look more authentic when female Superstars are used.
- 5 new cutscenes have been added.
- 3,040 new promo lines are in the game.
- Custom Matches can now be included in Match Tables, along with new Mixed Tag Matches.
- New Championship Match setting in Match Tables can be used to make certain matches a title match.
- Main Event matches in Match Tables have been tweaked so that those match types are more likely to occur on the show (Example: Royal Rumble match at the Royal Rumble Pay-Per-View).
- New rivalry content includes options such as low-intensity enemies making peace after a single Pay-Per-View or low to mid-intensity allies slowly falling out over several weeks instead of a sudden turn.
- The overall menu flow has been streamlined to make it more accessible to those new to Universe Mode. All deeper options are still available for experienced players.
WWE 2K20 is less than a week away and will launch for everyone on October 22, 2019. As of now, some can even preload the game ahead of release. The first WWE 2K20 Originals pack, Bump in the Night, releases shortly after launch.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!