Ahead of its launch on August 28, EA Sports has released a trailer taking a look at the gameplay updates coming the Madden 21.
Using gameplay from the current gen — Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC — version of the game, the deep dive looks at updated pass-rush controls, a new Skill Stick ball-carrier system, more realistic open-field tackling, and more.
From EA Sports:
New Pass-Rush Control – New defensive line mechanics that make playing as a pass-rusher more responsive and more fun to play.
Ball Carrier Skill Stick – Two new moves that the skill stick unlocks including the side hurdle and the dead leg.
Realistic Open Field Tackling – Give defenders more control and a better chance of successfully tackling oncoming players.
Authenticity Improvements – New physics-based animation which will create more authentic moments when the quarterback is throwing under pressure and more.
Celebrate Everywhere – Total control over how your players react after game-changing plays.
If you want to see the original trailer, you can check it out here. For our breakdown of what’s in it, check out the video below.
In Madden 21, players can now use the ‘Skill Stick’ on both offense and defense to get creative in a varieties of ways.
On offense, players can:
- Link together cleverly crafted skill-move combos to setup up gameplay moments
- Employ a series new evasive moves from dead-legs to hurdles
- Make adjustments on the fly with an improved ball-carrier system
On defense, you can use the Skill Stick to:
- Fully control specific pass rush moves and chain together combos to keep adaptive linemen off balance
- Attack with precision making use of location-based, dive, and breakdown tackling
- Diversify play calling to outsmart the adaptive AI who watch for tendencies
You can s
Madden 21 launches this summer on current-gen systems. Those who own the game on Xbox One or PlayStation 4 will be able to upgrade to the Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5 version of the game free of charge up to the release of Madden 22 next year.
What do you think of the gameplay changes? Let us know in the comment section below, and stick with Sports Gamers Online for a full breakdown!