In Madden Ultimate Team player items have the opportunity to have a Chemistry (and possibly more than one) and when combined with other Player Items with the same Chemistry, will turn on attribute boosts.
- Only players with the specific chemistry in the starting lineup help to activate the boost. Other players that are depth/bench will receive the boost but won’t contribute towards activating it.Example: If I have “Go Deep” Chemistry activated with Odell Beckham Jr. & David Johnson in my starting lineup, only those two players help activate and receive the boost to PBK, RLS, and TAD. If, however, Tyreek Hill is my WR4 (depth) and he’s on the field, he will also get the boost to PBK, RLS, and TAD but will not contribute towards activating it (or add towards the next Tier). If I only have Odell Beckham Jr. in my starting lineup and Tyreek Hill is a WR4, “Go Deep” Chemistry is NOT active, and therefore NEITHER player will receive the “Go Deep” boosts.
- Which positions contribute towards chemistry?
QB, HB, FB, WR1, WR2, WR3, TE1, TE2 LT, LG, C, RG, RT
DT1, DT2, LE, RE, MLB1, MLB2, LOLB, ROLB, CB1, CB2, CB3, FS, SS
On Special Teams:
- When a specific chemistry is activated, your players will receive the stat boosts as shown in the table below.
- Team Chemistry – if your starting players are from the same team (i.e – New York Giants), those teammate players will receive stacking boosts to AWR and PRC for each Tier (max 4).Example: If I have Odell Beckahm Jr., Landon Collins, and Dominique Rodgers Cromartie all in my starting lineup, activating Tier 1 chemistry, each will receive a +1 stat boost to both AWR and PRC. Each subsequent tier adds an additional +1 stat boost to those two stats.
- Team Training Chemistry – activated via team specific items (i.e. – coaches, stadiums, light uniforms, and dark uniforms). Each of those 4 items are upgradeable into 3 tiers, therefore 12 Tiers are possible.
Please note: tiers only boost/stack for players of that team.Example: If I have all NYG Team Items fully upgraded to Tier 3 each, all my NYG players will receive all the boosts through Tier 12. If I have 4 different team items (non-upgraded), each player from those respective teams will only receive Tier 1 boosts.
- Team Leader Chemistry – like Team and Team Training Chemistry, this chemistry only boosts players from the specific team that the Team Leaders that are activating the chemistry are from (per card art)Example: If I have all NYG Team Leaders in my starting lineup, each and every NYG player on my team will receive their respective stat boosts.
Special thanks to jyun127 for putting much of this guide together.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation in the comment section below as well as on our Twitter and Facebook pages.
I understand the chem wont effect the subbed player. just wondering if it diminishes the chem overall.
Once you get in game the chem is active. You can sub guys in and out after.
So, does chemistry change if you pause game to make a few depth chart changes? Or, does it lock in when you enter game?