PS4 4.50 System Update
In addition to the details rolled out last month, Sony releases the details coming in the PS4 4.50 system update. Codenamed “Sasuke,” update 4.50 brings support for new customization options, privacy, and external storage support. Below you can find a few of the highlighted features coming in tomorrow’s update.
- External Storage Support: Insert your USB 3.0 HDD into your console and select it from ‘USB Storage Devices’ from ‘Devices’ in Settings to format it for use. All of your previously stored content will be wiped.
- Playstation VR Improvements: With update 4.50, you’ll find that the resolution of the system screen displayed on your TV is significantly better when you’re out of VR mode. This will also enhance the resolution and framerate (90Hz to 120Hz) of Cinematic Mode as well. Your PS VR is now set to support Blu-ray 3D* discs. You will have the ability to watch them in stereoscopic 3D via VR headset.
- Voice chat for Remote Play: Sony is now adding voice chat when using Remote Play on Windows PC, Mac or an Xperia device.
- Off-console Availability: In addition to remote voice chat, update 4.50 offers a variety of off-console apps and features that make communication with other gamers easier. This includes apps like the PlayStation App and PS Messages.
- Custom Wallpaper: You now have the ability to use any previously or newly taken screenshot as a PS Home wallpaper.
- Share Activities: Like Facebook, you’ll have more choice on what you want to include on your Activity Feed. 4.50 lets you create custom stories with text, screenshots, player and game tags.
- Activity feed Privacy: Still following the social media model, you will now be able to set privacy settings for those shared activities.
- Boost Mode: PS4 Pro users will now have an easier time playing older titles. This feature has been designed to provide better performance for legacy titles.
These are just some of the key features in tomorrow’s update. For full notes and details, take a look the official patch notes via Playstation blog.