We are kicking this week off with another SGO Inside Drive. As always, we take a look at important news both big and small that you may have missed. Last week, we saw the results from the The Game Awards and several world premieres. This week kicks off with milestones, launch trailers and updates.
SGO Inside Drive 12/10/18
‘Fortuna’ Expansion for Warframe Launches on PlayStation 4 & Xbox One
The much anticipated ‘Fortuna’ update will finally be launching on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Warframe console players will now be able to explore rich caves, ride the K-Drives, and take on the reinforced Corpus in the open lands of Venus. You can check out the trailer below.
Warframe Reaches Milestone
Digital Extreme’s free-to-play Warframe has come along way since it’s days as a PC-only beta. Warframe would eventually make its way to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Spreading the love of robot-space-ninjas, Warframe would also go to be released on the Nintendo Switch. After releasing November 20 for the Switch, DE announced that Warframe has reached one million downloads on the portable console.
Football Manager 2019 Touch Completes Lineup
Sports Interactive and SEGA Europe announced that Football Manager 2019 Touch is available now for Nintendo Switch. You can grab the game digitally. The new version comes packed with improvements and enhancements, while still capitalizing on the Switch’s control systems and portability. FM19 Touch places an emphasis on the core aspects of management making it an immersive experience at home and on the go.
Sega Genesis Classics Released For Nintendo Switch
Another round of Switch releases sees Nintendo’s flagship console receiving the SEGA Genesis Classics. You can get them in both digital and physical formats. Fans of the retro titles can revisit over 50 community favorites across every genre. This includes arcade action, shooters, beat’m ups, puzzlers and hidden gems all on the go. The library of games will be accessed through the games’ 90’s inspired retro gamer’s bedroom. The collection will feature modern benefits like online multiplayer, achievements, mirror modes, same-screen local coop mode, rewind and save states.
Geralt of Rivia Returns for Monster Hunter World
With the Witcher trilogy concluded, Geralt of Rivia seems to be staying active. After the appearance of the White Wolf in the newest Soul Caliber, it looks like the Witcher will also be in another title that’s certainly much more his speed. Geralt of Rivia is set to arrive in Monster Hunter World on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in an update. The content will be free with the PC version coming at a later time.
Together with Capcom, we’re presenting the crossover everyone’s been waiting for: Geralt takes on a new contract in @monsterhunter World!
— The Witcher (@witchergame) December 10, 2018
Gear.Club Unlimited 2 Releases Launch Trailer
Gear.Club Unlimited 2 offers more than 1800 miles of tracks. Players will race through mountainsides, a nature park, deserts, and along the coast competing in 250 races including championships, missions, and challenges. You need to master multiple terrains to be considered the best starting from the garage all the way through taking on perilous competition on icy routes.
Maximum Football Content Update
Maximum Football’s largest content update is available now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The new content includes the additions of the Logo & Helmet Editor and The Spring League in Practice Mode. Thanks to you, the community, Maximum Football has gotten a lot of feedback and the team has improved other areas as well.
Major Feature Updates
- Full Logo Editor under Customize Menu (featuring 50 save slots, unlimited layers)
- Rebranded Practice Mode as “The Spring League”
- Added Helmet Logos under the Helmet Editor
- Added Night Games
- Fixed an issue where the team that kicked off the game would also kick off in the second half
- Player head tracking fixed when covering a kick
- Changed a bug where CPU would call a timeout consecutively
- Fixed an issue where DBs will sometimes spin 360 before following a receiver
- Players will no longer go offside after unpausing the game.
- No longer able to cycle through opponents players while on defense when possession was changed
- Pausing the game while the punter lines up will no longer cause them to hang in animation.
- Defenders will no longer ‘warp’ to a new position when being knocked in the backfield
- Players will no longer get stuck in a blocking stance after the play has ended
- General gameplay and physics enhancements were made as well
Rules & Stats
- College Rules not saving in Season mode has been fixed
- Stats have been rerecorded in the database and will properly record when the same team is playing each other
- General performance improvements
- Team logos added to midfield
- Increased screen resolution within the Customization menus
- Fixed an audio issue where the sound clip of the player running would randomly occur during a game
Madden Helpful to Actual Players?
A year does not pass when there are those who scoff at the idea that video games have genuine value beyond entertainment. For those of us in the know, this is just one more example of why we love video games.
— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) December 10, 2018
GT Sport 1.31 Update
The beginning of December kicked off with an update for GT Sport. The update features seven new stunning vehicles. This includes European supercars, elegant saloons, and classic American muscle. All are ready to race against the backdrop of a new Tokyo-based track. Be sure to check out the full details.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!