Sony San Diego has announced the latest patch for MLB The Show 20, and it addresses a number of in-game and UI issues.
Patch 1.06 includes increases the radius a fielder can tag out a baserunner, adding a steal prompt within Road to the Show, and adding pitchers and two-way players to the bench in the Sim Manager.
The patch will be available for everyone on Wednesday 6 am EST. You can find the full patch notes below courtesy of Sony San Diego.
- Fixed a rare occurrence where deep hit balls could bounce under and through the OF wall, resulting in a ground-rule double. Also fixed one occurrence where the ball could pass through the HR wall on the fly.
- Fixed a specific situation where the baserunner would go into base standing when he needed to be urgently sliding.
- Slightly expanded the radius that a defender can successfully tag out a baserunner when they collide in the base path during rundowns or instances when the defender is going into a throw animation, while the baserunner is passing through him.
- Increased the ability of the pitcher to successfully tag out runners at home plate, when the pitcher has to cover home plate following a wild pitch or passed ball.
- Lead Runner Window will no longer display if the fielder or runner settings are set to “Auto”.
- Added the “R2 to Steal” prompt to RTTS Classic Baserunning.
- Fixed an issue where a few Legends had the incorrect head, after loading up a year-to-year save from MLB The Show 19.
- Fixed an issue in Options Explorer, where the pitch result/feedback OSD was not displaying (showing whether it was good, early, or late timing).
- Various other minor UI corrections.
- Fixed a crash caused by entering an Exhibition game, immediately after completing a Team Affinity moment.
- Added pitchers/two-way players to the bench in the Sim Manager. They were previously unavailable as subs off the bench.
- Fixed an issue that was making the crowd drop out completely for small amounts of time.
- Various crash fixes.
After two weeks, what issues do you still hope to see fixed with a patch in MLB The Show 20? Join the discussion, and leave a comment below. For more on MLB The Show 20, be sure to check out SGO’s official review of this year’s game.