In NBA 2K, you can play as your favorite NBA star or build up a team consisting of all-star basketball players. Either way, you can enjoy both your pastime habits of playing basketball and video games. However, if you did not know, there’s also an NBA 2K league. Like DOTA 2 and CS:GO, fans can also place your bets, which makes the virtual experience more fun and exciting. So, if you’re interested in playing and placing your bets but are unsure how to? Not to worry, as this article will serve as your guide.
NBA and the NBA 2K League
The original NBA 2K Game initially released in November 1999, with gameplay focusing on the NBA. Although it was not a true simulation, the game provided a highly competitive gaming experience. Fast forward to 2018, and a professional esports league co-founded by the NBA and the developers of the well-known game began the NBA 2K league’s inaugural season. Season one consisted of 17 teams, all of which were directly associated with the NBA. Then, the league expanded to accommodate a total of 24 teams.
The NBA 2K league opened many betting opportunities. As for betting in this type of esports league, the process is very similar to that of betting in the NBA. There are many parallels such as its structures and NBA lines, making it quite simple for anyone to get involved.
Just as how comprehensive the betting options are available in the traditional NBA league, so is in the NBA 2K league. You’ll find specific markets comparable to those found in traditional basketball. However, the event can frequently feel distinct, with NBA 2K providing a one-of-a-kind experience for gamers and betting enthusiasts.
- Match Outcomes: This is the most common and the easiest to understand type of betting. You’ll be placing a bet on who you think will win.
- Player Props: This type of betting involves placing a wager on whether or not a particular occurrence will happen during the game. For example, the number of blocks player A achieves throughout the game.
- Quarter Props: Quarter props in the NBA 2K League involve wagers placed on the outcome of every quarter of a game. There are a variety of markets available in each quarter when betting on NBA 2K League, including the total odds or even and the winning margins.
Betting Markets And Odds
Before placing a bet, it’s imperative to familiarize oneself with NBA 2K League odds based on the game’s resemblance to the NBA. From American odds to decimal odds, inexperienced gamblers or novice bettors, like you, may find various odds confusing.
- American Odds: In American odds, the underdogs and the favorites are denoted by a positive and a negative sign, respectively. When it comes to the favorites, the higher the value, the more likely your gamble will be successful. In contrast, the bigger the number of underdogs, the more likely the team you have chosen as underdogs will lose the game.
- Fractional Odds: A slash sign denotes the odds in this type of odds. Fractional odds are sometimes given with a hyphen rather than a slash, as it is easier to read. Take, for instance, 7/2 or 7-2. This can be interpreted as, for every 2 dollars you wager, you’ll receive 7 dollars.
- Decimal Odds: This type is the most frequent; as the name implies, it is displayed in a decimal form. Moreover, in decimal odds, the lower the number, the greater your odds of winning or being the favorite. Also, decimal odds can be calculated by multiplying your wager by the odds.
If you’re considering betting on NBA 2K, you should remember a few things. First, check out the match before placing a bet. It can be hard to tell the difference between NBA 2K teams and their real-world counterparts at first.
Second, NBA 2K League betting has several markets to consider, like betting on other sports and Esports. Ensure that you’ve scoured all of the markets before placing a wager. As for the third and fourth tips, take things slow and enjoy the games while you’re betting. Make your playing experience more exciting and fun!
NBA 2K League continues to rise in popularity and is a constantly growing arm of NBA 2K. In addition to its similarities to traditional basketball betting, it’s also easier to grasp and follow because it’s less complicated. So, now that you’ve read a glimpse on how betting works in the NBA 2K League, are you going to try your hand at betting?
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!