In the NBA 2K series, virtual currency, or VC, is King. Players earn VC through playing various game modes, or by spending real money (or, in past games, by straight-up gambling), and you need that VC to unlock pretty much everything in NBA 2K. NBA 2K21 offered players some respite through pre-order bonuses. If you pre-ordered the NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition, part of the massive pre-order bonus includes 100k in free VC. The problem is, people haven’t been receiving it.
According to 2K Support on Twitter, this issue has been solved, at least on Xbox One.
— 2K Support (@2KSupport) September 7, 2020
If you’re still having issues receiving the free 100k VC in NBA 2K21, the folks over at the NBA2K subreddit have got some suggestions as well.
If it doesn't work, hit up @2KSupport. Some things you can try in the meantime:
* Buy a few 0 VC animations for your MyPlayer, and then reboot.
* Go in and out of MyTEAM a few times.
* Create a new MyPlayer, and then reboot.
* Sign out of XBL/PSN, and then sign back in.
— r/NBA2K (@NBA2KonReddit) September 6, 2020
The advice is as follows:
If you bought the current-gen NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition and are still missing your bonuses, do a full power cycle of your console and check again. Lots of users commenting in the last few minutes that they just got their stuff. If it doesn’t work you can reach out to @2KSupport on Twitter. Here some things you can try in the meantime:
- Buy a few 0 VC animations for your MyPlayer, and then reboot.
- Go in and out of MyTEAM a few times.
- Create a new MyPlayer, and then reboot.
- Sign out of XBL/PSN, and then sign back in.
It’s unclear whether owners of the PlayStation 4 version have had this issue solved, so your best bet is to drop a ticket at 2K’s support page.