The SGO Weekly breaks down news that may have gone unnoticed throughout the previous week. In addition to general news, this includes reveals, trailers, and announcements. Check out this week’s breakdown featuring details on NBA 2K21 MyTEAM season 6, DIRT 5 arriving on Stadia and more!
SGO Weekly: NBA 2K21 MyTEAM Season 6 & more!
DIRT 5 arrives on Google Stadia
This week, Codemasters celebrates the launch of DIRT 5 on Google Stadia. DIRT 5 offers a mix of game modes from basic racing across multiple terrains, arena creation through Playgrounds, and a host of multiplayer features. Fans can expect high-octane racing across 70 routes, 10 locations and 13 vehicle classes.
NBA 2K21 MyTEAM Season 6
2K announced the next season of MyTEAM for NBA 2K21 on PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, Google Stadia and PC. The new season is called “Glitched Reality”. Not all is as it seems in MyTEAM Season 6. There are secret codes fans can discover to unlock all the Glitched Reality mysteries that lie within. Season 6 ‘Glitched Reality’ features mystery, progression, rewards and more. The variety of new content for ballers to enjoy includes:
- Level 40 prize
- New signature challenge
- Collect up to a full 13 player lineup’s worth of reward Galaxy Opals by completing different MyTEAM mode challenges, including superstars like Rashard Lewis, Michael Redd, Jerry Sloan, Artis Gilmore and more.
- New Glitched tier in Domination with a Galaxy Opal Evo to Dark Matter Mel Daniels as the final 99 star reward;
- Start the new season off with a Sapphire Evo Jimmy Butler as the Level 1 reward;
New football manager game announcement
WE ARE FOOTBALL is a new take on football management games from Winning Streak Games and THQ Nordic. WE ARE FOOTBALL offers full control over every aspect club ownership yet remains simplistic in design. During the game, you won’t spend entire evenings understanding how everything works. It’s possible to polish off an entire season in little more than it takes to finish a real game of professional football. That’s about two hours. Other features include:
- Throwback to classic traditional management games
- Control Finance, Sponsors, HR, Organization, Fan Support, Club Members, Stock Market, Fan Funds and more
- Skill development and progression
- Detailed team and player stats
- And much, much more
Hunting Simulator 2 PS5 and Xbox Series X|S out now
Hunting Simulator 2 continues its journey by making its way onto PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. Also this week, the new DLC ‘A Ranger’s Life’ released on all platforms.
In ‘A Ranger’s Life’, you play as a park ranger. This story campaign puts the protection and preservation of nature at the center of your concerns. With your dog, roam a national park in Colorado and complete different missions. Mission objectives include rescuing animals, collecting samples, controlling invasive species all while preserving the health of your environment.
2K and Visual Concepts acquire HookBang Game Division
2K today announced the acquisition of HookBang, LLC’s Austin-based video game division. The newly acquired division will become part of Visual Concepts. Now called Visual Concepts Austin, the studio will operate from a to-be-announced new location in the Austin, Texas metropolitan area. 2K plans to employ hundreds of developers to support NBA 2K, as well as the company’s expanding publishing business.
In other news…
Of course, be sure to stay up to speed with sports gaming with these other great articles.
- MLB The Show 21 Road to the Show Detailed
- MLB The Show 21 – Ballplayer Q&A
- Axis Football 2021 Will Focus on Graphics and Gameplay
- EA Lawsuit Involving Gameplay Scripting Resolved
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!