Two weeks ago, San Diego Studio (SDS) released the first roster upgrade for MLB The Show 18. That update was slightly more aggressive than gamers are used to, and the tone was set for the year. Today’s upgrade followed in line, as several players made big jumps or changed in status (e.g., silver to bronze or gold to diamond). The live roster affects both play now games and Diamond Dynasty modes, and receives updates throughout the year. Below are all of today’s major changes.
- Luis Severino, Yankees SP – 83 to 86
- Gerrit Cole, Astros SP – 81 to 84
- James Paxton, Mariners SP – 82 to 84
- Carlos Martinez, Cardinals SP – 80 to 82
- Walker Buehler, Dodgers SP – 60 to 73
- Eduardo Escobar, Twins 3B – 71 to 76
- Andrelton Simmons, Angels SS – 82 to 84
- J.A. Happ, Blue Jays SP – 76 to 78
- Mike Clevinger, Indians SP – 76 to 78
- Eddie Rosario, Twins LF – 76 to 78
- Corey Dickerson, Pirates LF – 75 to 77
- Matt Adams, Nationals LF – 70 to 74
- Teoscar Hernandez, Blue Jays LF – 69 to 72
- Eugenio Suarez, Reds 3B – 79 to 81
- A.J. Pollock, Diamondbacks CF – 81 to 83
- Dee Gordon, Mariners CF – 79 to 81
- Odubel Herrera, Phillies CF – 75 to 77
- Nick Markakis, Braves RF – 74 to 78
- Jeimer Candelario, Tigers 3B – 66 to 70
- Miles Mikolas, Cardinals SP – 69 to 72
- Willson Contreras, Cubs C – 83 to 81
- Josh Donaldson, Blue Jays 3B – 86 to 85
- Rich Hill, Dodgers SP – 83 to 80
- Paul Goldschmidt, Diamondbacks 1B – 87 to 85
- Brian Dozier, Twins 2B – 83 to 81
- Ian Kinsler, Angels 2B – 80 to 78
- Michael Conforto, Mets CF – 78 to 76
- Andrew McCutchen, Giants RF – 81 to 79
- Chase Anderson, Brewers SP – 78 to 76
- Danny Duffy, Royals SP – 78 to 76
- Felix Hernandez, Mariners SP – 76 to 74
- Billy Hamilton, Reds CF – 78 to 77
You can find all of this week’s changes here.
In addition to the live roster update, new programs are now in Diamond Dynasty. Career arc programs like Chase Utley, Gary Carter, Paul Molitor and Trevor Hoffman are now ready to be completed. No immortal players can be unlocked as of yet. Per TheShowNation, here are the new positional programs:
- Catcher: Future Stars Francisco Mejia, Diamond 85 OVR, Cleveland Indians
- First Baseman: All-Star Flashback Justin Bour, Gold 81 OVR, Miami Marlins
- Second Baseman: Future Stars Scott Kingery, Gold 83 OVR, Philadelphia Phillies
- Second Baseman: All-Star Flashback Howie Kendrick, Gold 80 OVR, Los Angeles Angels
- Closing Pitcher: Breakout Flashback John Axford, Gold 83 OVR, Milwaukee Brewers
- Closing Pitcher: Breakout Flashback Sam Dyson, Silver 76 OVR, Texas Rangers
Mother’s Day equipment has also made its way into the game, and can be found in the marketplace and in packs. There will not be a special pack promo for Mother’s Day gear. Collect all the new gear to earn 93 overall Eddie Matthews, new today as well.
For more information on all the new content, click here.
The next roster update for MLB The Show 18 is scheduled for May 18, while the next roster upgrade will likely drop on May 25. A new patch will likely drop next week as well.
What do you think of today’s roster update? Did SDS get it right? Let us know in the comment section below, and don’t forget to subscribe to Sports Gamers Online. And be sure to hit the bell to be notified whenever we post a new video.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!