Believe it or not, NBA 2K22‘s second season is just days away. Season 2 focuses on building ones empire, with Michael Jordan serving as the inspiration. Build Your Empire puts the emphasis on the player, whether that be through achieving NBA stardom in MyCareer, online play in the City, or building a juggernaut in MyTeam. Here’s what players can expect in NBA 2K22 Season 2.
NBA 2K22 Season 2 Build Your Empire
For this season’s level 40 reward, 2K is offering a Skeleton Mascot outfit for players dedicated enough to reach the final tier. Games and events are the main way to rack up XP, along with quests throughout the City or Neighborhood.
A brand new quest, Rebirth, is making its debut in NBA 2K22‘s MyCareer. This quest gives new-gen players the opportunity to jump to a 90 overall or skip 10 pre-completed MyPoints levels on current-gen, after earning the reward. New-gen users must obtain the quest from the ATM by the NBA Store and Club 2K before completing 10 3v3 or 10 2v2 City games with a 90 overall rating or higher to unlock Rebirth. Current-gen players will need to complete 10 3v3 games once they reach 90 overall to earn Rebirth.
Once unlocked, players will be able to choose between a normal save file or Rebirth save file when creating a new MyPlayer (and can create a Rebirth save more than once). Rebirth saves open the door to new rewards such as badge points and more. Up to 20 and 30 badges points on current-gen and new-gen, respectively, will be spendable for upgrades to give players a generous head start.
NBA 2K22 Events and Environment Updates
Several events are on the way for both generations:
- Party at Club 2K (Friday, October 22, 9 PM PT): Celebrate the start of Season 2 by listening to all the newest music while earning 2XP.
- Mobil 1 Grand Prix
- Ruffles 4-Point Ridge Tournament: Ruffles is offering a trip to Cleveland for the 2022 All-Star Weekend, an NBA Store gift card, an in-game go-kart, and much more.
- Kia Challenge: The Kia Challenge will pit players against NBA players, other players, and even mascots in a Cage Match duel — look out for Benny the Bull. All Kia games earn you 2XP and completing challenges will earn you rewards.
In addition, with the changing of seasons comes some slight changes to the scenery around the City and on the Cancha Del Mar:
- Cruise Ship:Caribbean makeover from the Lobby to Deck 16. Inspired by gothic architecture and pirate themes, you’ll notice spooky decorations, like Day of the Dead colors, festive new court designs, and changes to the outdoor environment.
- The Long Night: On October 31, darkness will blanket the City. All day long, players can trick-or-treat in the dark and receive banners, consumables, VC, and more. On new-gen, over 30 houses and store locations will turn into trick-or-treat locations around the City. For our current-gen fans, players must search decks 4, 15, and 16 to claim their treats. Lastly, earn 2XP by playing games, but once the clock strikes midnight PT, Halloween and 2XP will vanish into the night.
- Park After Dark: Coming later in Season 2. At a soon-to-be disclosed location, players can hoop, shuffle and rave in the desert. A variety of experiences will be made available for players, ranging from dunk contests to shootouts, plus 2v2 and 3v3 courts.
Triple Threat Online: The 100
- Wins in TTO will NOT subtract your opponent’s points from your 100.
- Adjusted the number of Ball Drops per win, and loss, for each tier.
- Each tier in Unlimited will now have 16 games available.
- Showdown Tier: a new level of MyTeam Unlimited beyond Galaxy Opal where only the best of the best can get 65 wins in this 82-game tier. Those who reach the Showdown Tier will have the opportunity to earn an Exchange Event Card that will net them an easy 15,000 XP towards Season 3.
- The third Domination comes to Season 2 to compete against all 75 years of NBA history in the NBA 75 Domination.
NBA 2K22 Player Coach Cards
First ever Player Coach Cards in MyTeam. For earning 3 Stars in each NBA 75 Domination game, you will earn a Ruby Player Coach Card featuring a wide variety of NBA players over the course of the league’s storied history. Coaches includeL
- Julius “Dr. J” Erving
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- Shaquille O’Neal
- Rajon Rondo
- LeBron James
- Kevin Durant
- Yao Ming
- Zion Williamson and more
Waiting at the end of the NBA 75 Domination is 3 games against the 50’s-70’s, 80s-90’s, and 00’s-20’s All-Star teams. Winning can add Diamond Player Coach Bill Russell, Dennis Rodman, and Stephen Curry. Players must complete at least 33 Stars from the Current and All-Time Dominations before entering this new tier.
NBA 2K22 New Music
Also, in collaboration with Columbia Records, a number of new tracks are coming to 2K22:
- “Prada” by 24kGoldn ft. Lil Tecca
- “MIA” by SSGKobe
- “Pocket Rocket” by Cochise
- “family ties” by Baby Keem ft. Kendrick Lamar
- “STAY” by The Kid LAROI ft. Justin Bieber
- “Story Time” by Fivio Foreign
- “THATS WHAT I WANT” by Lil Nas X
- “Black Hearted” by Polo G
- “Love Letter” by Scorey
- “Harmony” by 347aidan
- “One Punch” by Aries
- “JUGGERNAUT” by Tyler, the Creator ft. Lil Uzi Vert & Pharrell Williams
For more information on NBA 2K22‘s Season 2, check out 2K’s Courtside Report. Season 2 launches on all consoles October 22.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!