The launch of NBA 2K24 is getting closer, and more details are being announced. On Tuesday, 2K’s newest trailer announced some of the latest updates coming to this year’s MyTeam mode.
Cross-Play in NBA 2K24 MyTeam
Cross-play in NBA 2K24 is a massive feature this year, so much so that the 2K released a commercial screaming about it. Usually, cross-play capabilities would be restricted to selected modes, but 2K’s basketball is all in on the feature this year.
For the first time ever, MyTeam will feature cross-play across all its multiplayer modes, including triple threat online. According to the publisher, cross-play will ensure shorter queues and matchmaking times in MyTeam.
Check out the latest features below for everything coming to NBA 2K24 MyTeam.
- MTP Upgrades: MTP earn rates for all modes have been greatly improved, bringing more flexibility to everyone just for playing games in MyTEAM.
- Salary Cap: This new multiplayer mode coming to MyTEAM in NBA 2K24 features three, two-week rounds each Season. Each round comes with its own leaderboard, salary limit for lineups, and rewards.
- New Player Market: MyTEAM continues to be the best place to assemble a roster of your favorite NBA players from any era, build your lineup, and dominate the competition. In NBA 2K24, player cards can be acquired directly from the new Player Market using VC or MTP, allowing more team customization options than ever before. The Player Market replaces the Auction House to create a level playing field for everyone in MyTEAM while granting access to almost any Player Card available.
- Key Changes to Pack Market: Community feedback has also been implemented in the Pack Market. New releases in the Pack Market will not only feature improved odds for rare Player Cards, but the Pack Market will also include more options for guaranteed pulls with fan-favorite pack types, and more.
- XP System Overhaul: As previously announced, Season level cross progression is now shared between MyCAREER and MyTEAM meaning how players earn XP is changing. This year, simply playing MyTEAM earns XP. Win or lose, every game players complete will progress them closer to leveling up during that Season.
- Crossplay: Crossplay is in MyTEAM! For the first time, players on PlayStation® 5 and Xbox Series X|S will be able to compete against each other or team-up in Triple Threat Online: Co-Op. In addition to playing with friends, this means shorter queues and matchmaking times across all MyTEAM multiplayer modes.
- Coach Cards: Coach Cards in NBA 2K24 MyTEAM are receiving a new way to bring the most out of a Player Cards’ performance on the court with new Coach Boosts. Each Coach Card can now feature a unique boost in certain game situations.
NBA 2K24 will slam its way to stores on September 8. The game will be available for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest-growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!