This past weekend, 2K Games announced a new special edition for WWE 2K17, the NXT Edition. It will release on October 11 along side the standard edition.
Here’s what you get if you pick up the NXT Edition:
- Copy of WWE 2K17 video game
- Exclusive premium packaging
- NXT Enhancement Pack:
- Playable NXT Superstars: Shinsuke Nakamura, Nia Jax and Apollo Crews
- 50 percent more points at NXT in MyCareer
- Exclusive Canvas 2 Canvas lithograph designed by WWE artist Rob Schamberger and autographed by NXT Superstar Shinsuke Nakamura
- Exclusive eight-inch “Demon” Finn Bálor collectible figurine
- Exclusive Topps NXT TakeOver: London Mat Relics Card:
- Each card will include a piece of authentic ring canvas from the event
- Each card will feature one of 14 featured Superstars from event
- Each Superstar’s card will have one of 10 different rarity levels
- Goldberg Pack: access to two playable versions of legendary WCW and WWE star Bill Goldberg, as well as playable WCW Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas.
Apparently, 2K is making 50,000 total copies of the NXT Edition, presumably 25,000 for each for PS4 and Xbox One.
While players who buy the NXT Edition will be able to play the NXT Superstars, Apollo Crews, Nia Jax and Shinsuke Nakamura first, it won’t be exclusive to the special edition. However, it is timed. 2K has stated that players who don’t buy the NXT Edition will be able to purchase the NXT wrestlers later this year in their DLC program, but they did not give a release date. (Strangely, PS3 and Xbox 360 players can buy the wrestlers on starting on launch day).