Axis Football 2023 is right around the corner, and SGO’s Mike Straw recently had the chance to sit down with Axis Games President Danny Jugan for a full Axis Football 2023 developer interview.
In the interview Mike and Danny talk about the gameplay changes coming to this year’s game along with a number of other topics including:
- What goes into developing the game
- A possible release on Nintendo Switch
- The game’s price
- Licensing plans
What’s New To Axis Football 2023?
New to Axis Football 2023 is a completely overhauled gameplay experience. Gameplay elements improved include a new tackling system with over 300 different tackles, over 200 different interception and pass deflection animations, new defensive back logic, new catching mechanics, throwing mechanics, and more.
The full list is below courtesy of Axis Games:
- Completely overhauled several aspects of gameplay to create a brand new playing and viewing experience
- Redesigned the entire tackling system, adding over 300 different tackles
- Implemented momentum and physics based tackling
- Redesigned the entire defensive back logic and animation system, adding over 200 different interception and pass deflections
- Added primary and secondary precedents to zone coverage
- Redesigned the entire pass catching system, adding over 400 different catches
- Implemented diving, jumping, and sideline catch
- Added new route running, pivot, and cutting movements
- Redesigned the entire QB throwing system, adding over 50 different throws
- Implemented a massively flexible pre-snap motion system for the offense
- Redesigned the UI animation system for cleaner UI navigation
- Massive optimization allows for easy-to-achieve 60 FPS
- Six new stadiums: Cleveland, Buffalo, Houston, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, and Denver
- Auto-substitutions due to fatigue
- Logos can now be placed on helmets in the team creator suite
- Bug fixes from previous versions
Axis Football 2023 launches in September for PC via Steam with a console release to come shortly thereafter. Those interested can wishlist the game now on Steam.
I read this article. I think You put a great deal of exertion to make this article. I like your work.