A few weeks ago, Electronic Arts delayed its upcoming golf game to add the finishing touches. However, the FIFA publisher didn’t leave us in the dark regarding more information about EA Sports PGA Tour. On Tuesday, EA released a deep-dive video of what fans can expect in EA Sports PGA Tour‘s career mode.
Of course, with any in-depth career mode, players need to create an avatar that they will lead to victory. EA Sports PGA Tour will have traditional face options like skin color, hair color, etc. From there, you can customize your golfer’s gear, such as clothes, clubs, and bags.
EA’s upcoming golf game will let you choose a different outfit for every round. In addition, players can select their preferred shot shape and swing style.
Where to begin?
Your career in EA Sports PGA Tour will allow you to start your career from one of the championships: The Amateur Championship, Korn Ferry Tour, or jump right into the PGA Tour.
Depending on where you start, you must compete in various tournaments to earn an invitation to major events.
As your golfer progresses through various tournaments, you will gain skill points that you can invest in for each of the five categories. You can check the full list of attributes below:
- Power influences your swing speed which determines the distance all of your shot go.
- With higher accuracy comes a shot dispersion area and a smaller mishit window size. Your swing execution will also be more accurate.
- With higher control attributes, your shot will have more natural spin and you’ll be able to shape your shot more as well as add more spin while your shot is in the air. The higher your control the more accurately you’ll be able to influence these parts of your play.
- Recovery decreases the impact of penalties applied when in bad lies such as rough and sand. This includes:
- Carry distance penalty
- The size of the range shown in the carry distance penalty window
- Natural spin penalty
- Shot shaping penalty
- Spin control penalty
- Mishit tolerance window penalty
- Penalty for off-plane swings and mishits
EA Sports PGA Tour will swing out on April 7 for Xbox Series X|S, PS5, and PC.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest-growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages and our growing YouTube Channel!