This week, Madden NFL 24 is revealing the initial ratings players will have when the game releases on August 15. First up are the Wide Receivers and Safeties. This includes some of the flashiest pass catchers in the league, as well as our first member of this year’s 99 Club.
This year’s top wideout is Minnesota Vikings phenom Justin Jefferson, who will be rated a perfect 99 OVR. In just his third season, the former LSU standout showed he belongs in the conversation of the best WR in the league. Jefferson led the NFL in receptions (128) and receiving yards (1809). This performance earned Jefferson his third Pro Bowl selection, as well as the AP Offensive Player of the Year award.
Jefferson is the first player to be revealed as a 99 OVR. Jefferson will have great athletic ratings, as he has 92 speed, 93 acceleration, and 93 agility. This goes along with his 98 catch, 96 jump, and 99 spectacular catch.
Jefferson is followed by Dolphins speedster Tyreek Hill. Hill is a 98 OVR this year, after an impressive campaign with his new team. In his first season in Miami, Hill racked up career highs in receptions (119) and receiving yards (1710). Hill will continue to blow past defenses in Madden NFL 24, as he comes into the game with 99 speed, 99 acceleration, and 98 agility.
Here are the rest of the top-ten rated WRs in Madden NFL 24:
- Justin Jefferson, Minnesota Vikings (99 OVR)
- Tyreek Hill, Miami Dolphins (98 OVR)
- Davante Adams, Las Vegas Raiders (97 OVR)
- Cooper Kupp, Los Angeles Rams (96 OVR)
- Stefon Diggs, Buffalo Bills (96 OVR)
- Ja’Marr Chase, Cincinnati Bengals (94 OVR)
- DeAndre Hopkins, Tennessee Titans (93 OVR)
- Terry McLaurin, Washington Commanders (92 OVR)
- J. Brown, Philadelphia Eagles (91 OVR)
- Amari Cooper, Cleveland Browns (91 OVR)
Along with the best pass catchers in the game, we also got ratings for some of the best pass defenders in the game. The top Free Safety and Strong Safety players were also revealed today.
Los Angeles Chargers SS Derwin James Jr. is the top safety in Madden NFL 24 with a 95 rating. James started 14 games for the Chargers last year, as he racked up 115 tackles with 2 interceptions and 2 forced fumbles. James is one of the highest rated defensive players in Madden NFL 24. He has an impressive 90 zone coverage rating, 93 play recognition, and 81 tackling.
A couple points below James is Pittsburgh Steelers FS Minkah Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick is one of the top ball hawks in the game, as he led the NFL with six interceptions last year. Fitzpatrick has a 90 zone coverage rating and 86 man coverage rating. He also has a 92 hit power rating, which ensures he will be able to deliver some big hit sticks this year.
Here are the top ten rated safeties in Madden NFL 24:
- Derwin James Jr., Los Angeles Chargers (95 OVR)
- Minkah Fitzpatrick, Pittsburgh Steelers (93 OVR)
- Justin Simmons, Denver Broncos (92 OVR)
- Kevin Byard, Tennessee Titans (92 OVR)
- Jessie Bates III, Atlanta Falcons (91 OVR)
- Tyrann Mathieu, New Orleans Saints (91 OVR)
- Budda Baker, Arizona Cardinals (90 OVR)
- Jordan Poyer, Buffalo Bills (90 OVR)
- Harrison Smith, Minnesota Vikings (90 OVR)
- Micah Hyde, Buffalo Bills (89 OVR)