EA has listed the changes in the coming F1 23 patch notes. A few fixes are coming that will have the fans pleased, but one of the most significant issues is not being fixed in this patch. F1 23 has been considered a success, with many saying Codemasters has brought the series back to its glory days. Patches are usually implemented within 24 hours of the notes being officially released. Though, they claim it will be available to download across all platforms “in the coming days“.
Patch notes revealed
- Fixed an issue where Two Player Career was incorrectly using equal performance instead of realistic performance
- Fixed an issue where Safety Car and Formation Lap were disabled in 25% short race distances
- Fixed an issue where players could be removed from Multiplayer lobbies when interacting with some system menus
- Fixed an issue where some players could experience FPS drops at night races
- Fixed an issue where cars would incorrectly collide when the setting ‘Collisions off for first lap only’ was enabled
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash with an additional career F2 save active
- Fixed an issue where finishing positions would be incorrect after a Red Flag
- Fixed an issue where TrueForce was not applied for Logitech wheels on Playstation and PC
- Fixed an issue where the car would hit a wall driving out of the 11th garage at Monaco causing damage
- Fixed an issue where switching between ‘Performance’ and ‘Quality’ graphics modes caused FPS issues on Xbox Series X
- Fixed an issue when an F1 World goal expires while a bonus goal is active, resulting in an error message
- Corrected the ‘Renault Driver Academy’ to the ‘Alpine Driver Academy’ in Single Player Career
- Fixed an issue where, with certain settings enabled, the Virtual Rear View Mirror would be present when looking backwards
- Fixed an issue where sponsors decals would not appear on race suits and helmets in My Team
- Fixed an issue where players were getting stuck on the grid in Chapter 7 in Braking Point
- Fixed an issue where the strategy change after damage wouldn’t appear on the Voice Command display
- General Stability Improvements
- Various Minor Fixes
The changes still yet to come
Currently, a bug is plaguing career mode that makes contracts expire too early. Codemasters did list it here, stating that it is awaiting a patch, but it did not make it in. Codemasters later clarified that it will be added to the next update. The biggest bug is currently making co-op unplayable. Whenever you and a friend finish a sprint race weekend, the game changes the tyre types. This means some AI will get themselves disqualified at worst, and perform 5-stop race strategies at best. This is also limiting players with their tyre choices. Many refuse to play co-op until this bug is sorted, and they will want to see it in the next patch.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest-growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!