Today, 2K announced WWE 2K24 with a new trailer and additional details. 2K24 promises new match types. gameplay improvements, and a new showcase mode celebrating the biggest event in wrestling, Wrestlemania.
WWE 2K24 reveal trailer and more!
40 years in the making, the WWE 2K24 Showcase Mode lets players relive the most iconic moments in WrestleMania history. 2K’s ‘Slingshot Tech’ seamlessly morphs gameplay to live-action footage and back again for the most immersive WrestleMania video game experience to date. in addition to the new 2K showcase, four new match types were announced, including Ambulance and Special Guest Referee, two new MyRISE experiences, and much more.
Three new cover stars
WWE 2K24 features three covers stars across several editions of the game. The Standard Edition of 2K24 features “The American Nightmare” Cody Rhodes while multi-time champions and Women’s Royal Rumble winners, Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley, both share the Deluxe Edition cover. Lastly, the Forty Years of WrestleMania Edition cover features original artwork celebrating the most iconic Superstars and Legends in WrestleMania history like The Rock, The Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, and more.
Getting between the ropes
This year, WWE 2K24 delivers on a few long-time community requested additions to the game. 2K24 includes new match types, namely, Special Guest Referee, Ambulance Match, Casket Match, and Gauntlet Match. In addition, the Backstage Brawl now features 4-player support and new interactive environmental elements. The game also features improvements to gameplay including Super Finishers, the Trading Blows mini-game, top rope dive onto a group of opponents outside the ring, double title matches, new Paybacks and much more. Players will also find new weapon types like trash cans, guitars and microphones as well as the ability to throw weapons. For even more immersion, seven real WWE referees have been added to the lineup.
Your WWE, your way
Of course, many other player driven experiences return this year with unique MyRise experiences, upgrades to MyGM, additions to Universe Mode and the return of the Creation Suite. This year, the Creation Suite returns with all-new support for Create-A-Referee and Create-A-Sign, as well as new parts and animations to design custom Superstars, GMs, arenas, entrances, move sets, championships and more.
How and when to play
WWE 2K24features four editions of the game: Standard Edition, Standard Cross-Gen Digital Edition, Deluxe Edition, and Forty Years of WrestleMania Edition.
- The Standard Edition will be available for $59.99 on previous-gen platforms (PS4, Xbox One consoles) and PC and for $69.99 on current-gen consoles (PS5 and Xbox Series X|S);
- Players who pre-order the WWE 2K24 Standard Edition receive the Nightmare Family Pack which includes four playable Superstars: two alternate versions of Cody Rhodes, as well as the 1976 version of his father, WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes, plus one of Dusty’s greatest rivals, “Superstar” Billy Graham, all available as playable characters. Additional MyFACTION content includes three MyFACTION cards – a Mattel “Bruised” Cody Rhodes Gold Rarity card and, for the first time ever, Cody’s dog, Pharaoh, appears in WWE 2K as a Gold Rarity Manager card. In addition, all Digital Pre-Orders of any edition of WWE 2K24 will include the Standard Edition of WWE 2K23
- The Standard Cross-Gen Digital Edition runs for $69.99 on PlayStation and Xbox consoles. The Standard Cross-Gen Digital Edition includes the Standard Edition across previous and current-gen platforms within the same console family and the same PlayStation or Xbox account
- Deluxe Edition: $99.99 for PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC. The Deluxe Edition includes the Standard Cross-Gen Edition, Nightmare Family Pack, plus a Season Pass to all five post-launch DLC content packs; the MyRISE Mega-Boost and SuperCharger; Gold Rarity Rhea Ripley MyFACTION Card, Gold Rarity Bianca Belair MyFACTION Card, and alternate attires for Bianca and Rhea.
- Forty Years of WrestleMania Edition will be available for $119.99 for PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC. In addition to the Standard Cross-Gen Edition and all bonus content included in the Deluxe Edition, the Forty Years of WrestleMania Edition includes the Forty Years of WrestleMania Pack, which features alternate attires for “Macho King” Randy Savage (WrestleMania 6), Rey Mysterio (WrestleMania 22), Triple H (WrestleMania 30), Charlotte Flair (WrestleMania 33), and Rhea Ripley (WrestleMania 36), as well as Gold Rarity MyFACTION cards for each, instant unlocking of all playable Showcase characters, and the WrestleMania 40 Arena, which will be available after launch.
WWE 2K24 Deluxe Edition and Forty Years of WrestleMania Edition release on Tuesday, March 5, 2024, followed by the Standard Edition and Standard Cross-Gen Digital Edition on Friday, March 8, 2024.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest-growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!