Fans of wrestling and wrestling video games will have another option on PC come next month, as CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling (CAAW) will be added to Steam.
CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling
VICO Game Studio announced that the game will be added to Steam on October 8. The game features the CHIKARA wrestling promotion, which is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and stands out of the crowd thanks to its simplistic presentation. While other wrestling games look to add authenticity and real-life animations to their game engines, CAAW takes “the best part” of 16-bit era wrestling games and “launches them into the future with the power of Unreal Engine 4.”
The arcade-style gameplay of CAAW is designed to give wrestling fans and gamers exactly what they’ve been missing in video games, according to its executive producer Dave Horn. “We want CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling to be the game that wrestling fans have been missing and for anyone that just loves over-the-top fun.” Horn added, “I really feel we’ve nailed the core aspects of the CHIKARA brand of wrestling that will appeal to the fanatic CHIKARA fans and gamers that have been wanting a fast and no-frills arcade wrestling game.”
Here are some of the key features in CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling:
- Stars of CHIKARA – Over 30 official wrestlers, complete with their over-the-top lucha libre antics to faithfully represent CHIKARA Pro including Fire Ant, Solo Darling, Hallowicked, Dasher Hatfield, and many more!
- Customization Galore – The FREE Wrestle Factory Creation Suite puts more creative power in the hands of players. Loads of wrestler and arena options are available including body morphing, texture uploads, move set assignments, particle systems, physics-based accessories and more. Create fearsome monsters, favorite super heroes, rasslin’ icons… go crazy with the creative freedom of the Wrestle Factory!
- Retro Gameplay Action Satisfaction – Intuitive two-button controls allows players of all ages and skill levels to easily jump into the arcade wrestling mayhem.
- Online Ruckus – Up to 10 players can jump into an online match – bring the smackdown to opponents across the globe!
- A Match for Every Style – Many different game modes are planned including One vs. One, Traditional Tag Team, Tornado Tag, Trios, 10-Person Battle Royal, Three-way and Four-way dances, Elimination matches, and more!
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!