Sony San Diego kicked the week off right on Monday with the reveal of the initial set MLB The Show 22 features as well as the game’s cover athlete Shohei Ohtani.
The standard edition of the game is already available for preorder on the PlayStation store, Microsoft Store, and Nintendo eShop. And with the preorder listings comes a look at some of the features fans should expect.
Before getting into it, it should be noted that it appears the Nintendo Switch version of the game will be on par with the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 version of the game. Which, when you think about it, makes sense due to the older hardware. Also, the game will feature full cross-platform play and cross-platform progression, meaning you can bring your Franchise Mode and Road to the Show save file to different systems.
Last Gen Features
- Create and use multiple Ballplayers, beyond your Road to the Show personalized Baseball RPG experience, and customize your Ballplayers how you want to aid in your progression.
- Diamond Dynasty is back and better than ever! Play, collect, and build on your fantasy card collection and bring to life on the diamond.* Try the new Mini Seasons mode, where each season brings new challenges as you face off against a new set of competition!
- Face your friends with cross-platform play.** With cross progression, continue your progress and earn and use content on other console platforms.***
- Stepping up to the plate for the first time? Tailor your experience with gameplay styles and two new difficulty settings to help you get the hang of the basics.
- New Intro Presentations provide the most immersive ballpark experience yet.
- Play March to October in your style, with updated mode tools to utilize custom uniforms, logos, and created stadiums.
- Live out your dream Baseball matchups with new Legends joining the diamond.
- New Stadium Creator additions: build your dream ballpark with a streamlined user interface and enjoy night games in your stadium.
- Seamless performance: lose yourself in the moment with smooth, targeted 60fps gameplay.
- 4K resolution: experience the drama and excitement of gameday in crisp, dynamic 4K resolution.****
- Haptic feedback (PlayStation 5 Only): feel the impact of every hit, catch and collision through the DualSense™ wireless controller’s immersive sensory feedback.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech (PlayStation 5 Only): hear the roar of the crowd, shouts of your teammates and in-game sound effects in 360 degrees.
MLB The Show 22 launches on April 5 for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch.
So sports gamers, what do you think of the announced features so far for MLB The Show 22? What else do you hope to see added? Let us know in the comment section below, and take the discussion further on the official SGO Discord.