The NBA 2K16 Patch 3 has been approved by Sony and was just released on the PlayStation 4 in US. The Xbox One patch is still with approval at Microsoft, so hopeful that it’ll be released soon! Here are the notes are below:
– Added support to view the uniform your opponent selects prior to starting a Play Now Online game.
– Flip Saunders patch added to Minnesota Timberwolves uniforms.
– A number of accuracy-based improvements have been made to classic team uniforms (07-08 Celtics, 99-00 Raptors, 05-06 Heat, etc.)
– A number of improvements have been made with the 2KTV viewing experience. Make sure and watch the latest episode for your chance to earn some easy VC!
– Improved the results of face scanning.
– Primary Jersey and Primary Shorts colors are now used to determine both accessory and sock colors when using custom-built uniforms.
– Certain materials were not properly appearing on user-edited shoes; this should be resolved.
– Fixed an issue where users would not join the Locker Room when accepting an invite while playing in a MyCAREER game.
– Corrected a disconnect issue that could happen when pausing and unpausing the game during online play.
– Fixed an issue in MyTEAM where players/items from the 99-00 Blazers were returning when searching for the Timberwolves in the Auction House.
– Resolved an issue where too much stamina would recover during timeouts (giving the effect that players never tired).
– Finally resolved an issue where players would not sweat appropriately in longer quarter lengths.
– Fixed a rare case where you would be unable to dismiss the quick sub menu when attempting to make a substitution.
– Found a case where the camera would be pointing towards the crowd at the tip-off of an overtime game.
– Corrected the Free Throw Difficulty slider, which was flipped. Make sure to update your custom sliders if you accounted for this on your end already.
Outdoor sound effects should no longer play in indoor environments after having previously played a MyTEAM Gauntlet game.
– Players who have not yet had their in-game injury diagnosed will have their playable status updated once the diagnosis is complete.
– Players who have not yet had their in-game injury diagnosed will correctly suffer from the effects of the actual injury.
– Players who pick up short term injuries (lasting only minutes long) should now have them properly removed when the remaining duration reaches zero during a game.
– Tuned the ‘hold ball too long’ event in the teammate grade logic to be a little more forgiving.
– Fixed an issue where you could be awarded ‘good foul’ in your teammate grade when fouling a three-point shooter.
– We no longer give an ‘allow offensive rebound’ teammate grade penalty after blocking an opponent’s shot.
– Addressed a movement issue that would cause players to twitch while in Deny states.
– Referees should no longer twitch during free throws.
– Pass receivers are now less likely to veer away from the basket to catch a pass.
– Improved CPU logic for when they should and should not use alley-oop passes.
– Reduced the defensive impact of defenders who are on their way down after a block attempt.
– Fixed a very rare case where a free throw shot would launch toward the wrong basket.
– Tuned body-up system to prevent sub-par defenders from being overly effective at stopping the ball handler.
– Fixed a frequent hitch in the dribble system seen when branching into certain dribble collisions.
– Tightened up ‘crowded’ dribble launches to prevent unwanted hesitations when attempting to drive to the basket.
– Fixed post-up double dribble and travel (pivot) issues.
– Tuned down excessive flopping being performed by AI players.
– Addressed the issue of ‘camping’ in MyPARK games by: 1) Disabling the set screen button within 6 feet of the basket, 2) Allowing users to initiate off-ball contact with screen setters near the rim, and 3) By adding offensive 3 seconds rule to half court games.
– Fixed a case that was causing passers to stop to throw a pass in the backcourt.
– Tuned the dribble system in order to tone down the effectiveness of behind-the-back dribble moves and ‘zig-zagging’ back and forth to get open.
– Improvements made to alley-oop defense.
– Fixed an issue that would prevent some contact layups from respecting the user’s desired finish direction.
– Reduced the frequency of unwanted contested shot fadeaways.
– Tweaks to errant pass frequency when passing out of double teams and contact shots.
– Made dive for loose balls more accurate and more likely to acquire the ball.
– Swapped out ‘Normal 13’ jump shot pullups per community feedback.
– Made low-rated shot blockers less accurate and capped their jumping verticals.
– Made decisions by the CPU to steal a pass more reasonable through tuning the frequencies in certain situations.
– Improvements to double team logic.
– Increased the difficulty in stealing the ball from post players.
– Improvements to logic system for when ‘ankle breakers’ should play and when they should not play.
– Fixed an issue in which points would not count for shots that go in after a flagrant foul call (i.e. And-1 on flagrants).
– Fixed a MyTEAM post move score exploit by better defining post shot scenarios.
– Added jam ups to spin layups to prevent the offense from barreling through heavy traffic.
– Improved CPU logic for when to hustle back in transition defense.
– Added a pop-up overlay to let the user know when the Adaptive Coaching Engine is changing their freelance offense.
– Adjusted freeland motion cut times and fixed an issue with swing freelance starting positions.
– Adjusted stationary hop jumper shooting percentages to make them a more viable option on offense.
-Tuned back the frequency of missed dunks in traffic.
-Fixed an issue where if someone called for an icon pick and got interrupted by a stealing defender, the ball handler was previously unable to pass the ball by any means for the remainder of the possession.
– Improvements to help defense and rotation logic.
– You now have the ability to design an ‘Away’ uniform for your Pro-Am team. The appropriate uniform will be worn depending on if your team is Home or Away for the current game.
– The correct overall rating for your MyPLAYER will now be shown on the Pro-Am loading screen.
-Improved voice chat support in both MyPARK and 2K Pro-Am.
– Accolades will now unlock based on your performances in custom arena Pro-Am games.
– A number of fixes have been applied to improve lineup building during the Pro-Am.
– Made CPU players that take over for quitting users less effective in Pro-Am.
– A Pro-Am game will end immediately with a win if all opposing players have quit out of the game.
– ‘Quit’ deterrents have been added to deter users from quitting out of Pro-Am games. Too many quits will result in the short term inability to play the mode.
– Removed the 10-second delay that would occur before the start of a game to 21 in MyPARK.
– Fixed an issue with the squad countdown timer displaying incorrectly when traveling between parks.
-Users can no longer celebrate when their opponent scores in 21.
– Camera flashes should no longer be seen in empty custom-arena matches. Progress further in your MyCAREER to draw more people to your Pro-Am games!
– Fixed a very rare issue where some users were reporting a hang when exiting their MyPARK.
– The ball should no longer get stuck to your MyPLAYER when celebrating in the park.
– Corrected an issue where some users were not receiving the correct amount of VC after winning a MyPARK Ante-Up game.
– Fixed an issue where stats would sometimes show as incorrect in the Game Recap following a Pro-Am game.
– Fixed an issue where certain players were unable to travel back to their home parks at the end of Rival Days due to travel restrictions.
– A large number of other MyPARK performance fixes and enhancements have been made to improve the overall experience.
– Fixed an issue where certain store rewards (from Connections) weren’t saving upon unlocking. Previously unlocked items should again show up as owned items.
– Added support for crowd members to hold up ‘big head’ posters of your MyPLAYER.
– Users should now start seeing ‘photobombs’ again once they reach their second NBA season in MyCAREER.
– Custom code added to prevent very similar shades of white/grey/black uniforms from being matched up automatically as part of the ‘alternate uniform night’ feature. This logic also applies to the MyGM/MyLEAGUE modes.
– Fixed a MyCAREER issue where your contact could inadvertently change after being traded between two teams.
– Improved PlayVision to better help you understand what you should be doing on offense in MyCAREER.
– Reduced the max amount of scheduled minutes your MyPLAYER can get to 38 (pro-rated) minutes. Actual playtime can vary based on game conditions, of course.
– MyPLAYERs who have retired from their NBA careers can now access their MyCOURTs.
– When not participating in a MyCOURT scrimmage, users can now freely walk around. Have fun.
– The game will no longer hang when attempting to equip the skateboard from the 2K Sports Store while in your MyCOURT.
– Sock length is now customizable for your MyPLAYER via the 2K Sports store.
– Tuned the fair market value for players; teams should now be signing players for the appropriate amount of money.
-Improved negotiation options when negotiating with Staff.
– Generated prospects should now have their own unique jumpshot animations, free throw animations, and signature size-ups. Note that this particular change will only work on GMs/LEAGUEs started post-patch.
– Improved support of the NBA’s new tie-breaker rules for Playoff seeding.
– Teams are now less likely to trade away newly signed players, specifically those signed to longer contracts.
– The League Realignment option will now appear during every offseason in MyLEAGUE, even if a team was not relocated during the current season.
– Location/Team-specific crowd chants have now been disabled for relocated teams (as they no longer apply).
– Support has been added for users who wish to use position lock with multiple controllers.
– Added playcalling support during Scrimmages.
– If a user has relocated or rebranded a team with new uniforms, those uniforms will be used for Summer League/Scrimmage/Freestyle rather than the team’s current practice uniforms.
– Players with the ‘Force 6th Man’ option turned on will no longer complain about wanting to be starters (and their expectation are adjusted accordingly).’
– Fixed an issue where changing your uniform for a Summer League game would result in the game being played in a non-Summer League environment.
– Injuries are now turned off during the Hoops Summit game in the offseason.
– Fixed a hang that could occur when jumping out of a game and into SimCast.
– Taking an invalid gameplan into a SimCast game will no longer cause the game to hang.
– Fixed an issue where hot spot player tendencies would get overwritten after changing them and leaving the Edit Player menu.
– Corrected an issue when using Player Lock where users would sometimes control all players, rather than just their own.
– Copying/Pasting/Deleting of gameplans should now function properly in MyLEAGUE Online.
– Trade Notifications in MyLEAGUE Online will now properly be deleted after being handled by the user.
– (PS4) Sony’s invite system can now be used to invite users to your MyLEAGUE Online.
– Corrected an issue that would cause the game to stutter during a MyLEAGUE Online fantasy draft when the timer would run out with auto-draft enabled.
– The calendar now displays scheduled user games when one falls on the same day as the Player Re-signing deadline.
– Fixed an issue where ‘Standing Shot Close’ would sometimes be errantly displayed multiple times in the Training Camp Results overlay.
– Added ‘Normalize Played to Sim Minutes’ and ‘Normalize Played to Sim Stats’ to MyGM settings. Give them a try.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves (unless specifically noted otherwise).