EA Sports is slowly starting to roll out news about UFC 5. Over the last couple of weeks, multiple leaks have surfaced on what to expect from the newest installment in the UFC series. However, on Thursday, EA confirmed loads of new features and gameplay changes coming to the octagon. In addition, the publisher announced an official gameplay trailer coming soon.
Loads of new features have been mentioned about UFC 5 up to this point. Insider Gaming’s Mike Straw leaked that the game would rated M and released on October 27. Well, Mike’s information was correct.
In addition to the rating and release date, EA has announced that the game will be developed in the Frostbite Engine and will feature the all-new Real Impact System.
This new system will bring over 64,000 possible facial damage combinations and new physics, blood, and sweat details.
More Announced features
- Cinematic K.O. Replay: Cinematic K.O. replays showcase fight-ending finishes with intensified visuals and enhanced excitement. Presented in super slow motion with cinematic angles and lighting, the impact of fight-ending shots represents highlight reel moments recapturing the drama of a UFC fight.
- Doctor’s Checks and Stoppages: Suffering a notable injury prompts the referee to pause the fight for a ringside doctor’s inspection. Failure to adapt and protect the injury from further damage can lead to a doctor’s stoppage, which introduces true-to-sport strategic variables for players to navigate under heightened pressure.
- New Strikes and Hit Reactions: New Strike animations emulate heavy hitters, professional kickboxers and more – coupled with new motion variations for ground and pound elbows, spinning attacks, body punches and calf kicks. Plus, the Hit Reaction animations and physics during a frenetic fight can initiate clean connection impacts – moments players can feel with next-level immersion during gameplay.
- Seamless Submissions: Revamped Seamless Submissions extend the existing grappling system with faster animation transitions and the removal of mini games. Grapple Assist aids beginners, while veterans can explore deeper layers. Seamless submissions provide a smoother, authentic ground game for grappling enthusiasts.
- Fight Week and Alter Egos: UFC 5‘s launch includes a revamped live service with features like Fight Week and Fight Picks tied to real-world UFC events. Alter Egos are all new versions of top fighters which capture authentic career-defining moments and provide alternative looks and associated abilities.
UFC 5 will be released on October 27 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest-growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!