While many have been gearing up for the launch of PGA Tour 2K23, EA Sports decided to reveal some new information on their upcoming golf game, EA Sports PGA Tour. Along with the reveal, EA also released a sneak peek teaser trailer.
EA Sports PGA Tour Teaser and Reveal
Officially called EA Sports PGA Tour, this next-generation golf game will be the only game golf fans can play in all four major championships. This includes the Masters Tournament, PGA Championship, U.S. Open Championship, and The Open Championship. PGA Tour launches in Spring 2023 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
The upcoming PGA Tour recreates some of the greatest courses in the world like Augusta National with an unprecedented level of detail and beauty. Like other EA titles, the upcoming game banks on the power of the latest Frostbite engine. In addition, the game features the full FedExCup Playoffs and their courses, as well as THE PLAYERS Championship. Furthermore, it also includes pro golfers such as Jordan Spieth as well as licensed gear and sponsors. Golf fans have that and much more to look forward to in PGA Tour, including:
- LPGA Events like The Amundi Evian Championship, marking the championship’s first-time inclusion in a video game
- ShotLink and TrackMan Data, allowing authentic recreation of real-life golfers
- Next-Generation Graphics powered current generation consoles and backed by the power of Frostbite. PGA Tour aims high for authenticity and an immersive experience
And lastly, some courses to look forward to include:
- Augusta National Golf Club
- Pebble Beach Golf Links
- Southern Hills Country Club
- Kiawah Island Golf Resort’s Ocean Course
- Torrey Pines
- The Country Club in Brookline, Mass
- The Old Course at St Andrews Links
- Evian Resort Golf Club in Évian-les-Bains, France
- TPC Southwind
- Wilmington Country Club
- East Lake Golf Club
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest-growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!