The yearly NBA 2K24 hype train is starting to gain some steam as we get closer to the game’s launch. So far, 2K has revealed cover athletes, ratings, and cross-play capabilities. However, the NBA publisher has many more details left to show. On Tuesday, NBA 2K released its latest gameplay trailer and more details on NBA 2K24.
NBA 2K24: Major Focus on ProPlay
Similar to EA Sports FC 24‘s Hypermotion V, NBA 2K24‘s ProPlay will use real-life movements of players and directly put them in the game. ProPlay aims to make NBA 2K24 one of the most authentic basketball games to date.
In 2K’s latest trailer, the publisher shows off like-for-like movements of players in-game to their real-life counter-part. You may be thinking, why isn’t motion capture being used instead of in-game clips of players?
According to 2K, Visual Concepts will still use motion capture, but Mo-cap can sometimes produce unnatural results. The newest gameplay engine ensures peak intense movements and realistic results.
“Mo-cap has excelled at getting NBA 2K to this point, bringing players closer to NBA action than ever before, and will continue to serve an important role, but ProPLAY swaps the unnatural technology for peak performance in a natural, and intense, environment.”
- Intuitive offense: Shooting and dribbling are more accessible and intuitive than ever before, enabling players of all skill levels to flourish on the court. The moves have been customized and improved to serve any difficulty, and the ability to initiate electrifying dribbling sequences will help players create more space for high percentage shots.
- Skill-based defense: Counter moves are big in NBA 2K24. Perimeter and paint defense are both more effective and reward players for anticipating and making good reads.
- Adrenaline Boosts: Redesigned to make both offense and defense more engaging. Elite ball handlers will find more freedom to create while effective defenders can impact shooting abilities by locking ball handlers down.
- Coach with ease: 2K Smart Play is back on New Gen to help players streamline their offense, defense, and coaching to make it easy to call plays. Choose up to 16 preferred actions ranging from full plays to isolations and give-and-gos.
- Takeovers: Takeover returns for New Gen consoles in NBA 2K24 but with a new twist. Fill up the Takeover meter and then choose to activate either your Finishing, Shooting, Playmaking, Physicals, Defense and Rebounding abilities.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest-growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!