At long last, NASCAR Heat Ultimate Edition+ is making its way to the Switch. Fans of the Heat series can finally get the full experience on Nintendo’s ever-popular console. The company dropped the official news via Twitter on Friday.
Challenge anyone, anywhere!
NASCAR Heat Ultimate Edition+ is coming to #NintendoSwitch!
Pre-order now: https://t.co/bBCgasOvCT
— NASCAR Heat (@NASCARHeat) October 15, 2021
NASCAR Heat Ultimate Edition+ Features and Highlights
Ultimate Edition+ includes everything in NASCAR Heat 5 Ultimate Edition, plus the 2021 NASCAR Cup Series Cars Roster and 2021 primary paint schemes.
- Two Seasons of Content – 2021 Roster and primary paint schemes + 2020 Featured content including Throwback and Playoff paint schemes, Tony Stewart as a playable character, plus more!
- Career Mode – Progress through the feeder series (Xtreme Dirt, Gander Trucks and Xfinity Series) to reach the NASCAR Cup Series or jump right in and start at the top.
- Official Tracks – 39 authentic tracks for you to race on across the various series, including Daytona International Speedway, Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course and Talladega Superspeedway, plus 9 dirt tracks.
- Multiplayer – Challenge anyone Race online with up to 16 players or enjoy local split-screen multiplayer with a friend.
- Paint Booth – Even more enhancements, including new number fonts and schemes.
NASCAR Heat 5 SGO Review
NASCAR Heat rebranded as NASCAR 21: Ignition back in July. Our Mike Straw reviewed the final NASCAR Heat title last summer and here were some of his thoughts. You can check our the full review here.
“When games approach the end of a generation, there are usually two different things that happen: a studio either goes all out and packs in as many features as possible, or it improves more things under the hood in order to be ready for the jump. With NASCAR Heat 5, it feels like much more of the latter happened from 704 Games in its first run without working alongside Monster Games.”
“From the presentation to the career mode, much remains the same in the final Unity engine-based game. On the track, however, the driving feels tighter, cars feel more authentic, and the settings alongside improved AI make it so you can have any sort of race experience you want.”
NASCAR Heat Ultimate Edition+ is available for pre-order on Nintendo Switch now.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!