According to the latest NPD the Sony PS4 was the sales leader for the month while hardware sales saw a “modest growth”. Overall retail sales are up 6% year over year, although retail software sales were “flat”. Lego: Jurassic World was the #1 selling game for the month across all platforms. Rory McIlroy PGA Tour’s first month sales exceeded Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 by “close to 70%”.
1.) Lego: Jurassic World (360, 3DS, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U, PS4, Vita)
2.) Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
3.) Minecraft (360, PS3 ,Xbox One, PS4)
4.) Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
5.) Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour (PS4, Xbox One)
6.) The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
7.) Destiny (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
8.) Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One)
9.) FIFA 15 (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, Wii, Vita, 3DS)
10.) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
– If you include bundle sales, Batman: Arkham Knight was “easily” the best selling title in July
– Wii U software sales are up 10% this year compared to the first seven months of 2014
– Splatoon sold nearly 85,000 units (retail + digital) in July, bringing the total to nearly 540,000
– “After 21 months, combined Xbox One and PS4 hardware unit sales are close to 50 percent higher than the combined sales of Xbox 360 and PS3 after 21 months on the market,” said Callahan.
– Accessories sales up 17% YOY, interactive figures up 42%