The SGO Weekly returns with news you may have missed over the past few days. This week features the cover athletes for UFC 4 and much more.
SGO Weekly: UFC 4, New NACON Projects & more!
EA Sports officially reveals UFC 4 cover athletes
This past week, EA Sports officially revealed two athletes for the cover of UFC 4. UFC middleweight champion, Israel “The Last Stylebender” Adesanya, and UFC welterweight contender, Jorge “Gamebred” Masvidal, feature as this year’s cover fighter duo.
UFC 4 promises to deliver a new experience with the player and their created fighter at the center. In addition, the game features:
- An all-new unified progression system,
- Overhauled takedown and ground mechanics,
- More fluid clinch-to-strike combinations,
- And the chance to experience the origins of combat sports in all-new environments.
UFC 4 delivers the most polished mixed martial arts experience to date. The game launches worldwide on Friday, August 14 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Pre-orders receive boxers Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua, along with a Backyard Customization Pack and Kumite Customization Pack containing cosmetic items. Additional benefits are available for those who purchase UFC 4 through an in-game tile in UFC 3 or UFC 2. Benefits include 10% off UFC 4, martial arts legend Bruce Lee and 500 UFC points.
Monster Truck Championship gameplay trailer
NACON and TEYON studio released a gameplay trailer for Monster Truck Championship.
Monster Truck Championship boasts many exciting features, including:
- 25 circuits in different cities across the United States
- 16 customizable trucks
- Realistic handling and physics, including independent front and rear-wheel control,
- Adjustable mechanical elements like suspensions, gearboxes and engines
- An online mode for up to 8 players
- A immersive Career mode
Monster Truck Championship launches October 2020 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam, with a Nintendo Switch launch at a later date.
Sony launches PS4 exclusive SKAPP
Skapp is a skating game app allowing players to turn their mobile devices into skateboards. Flick your smartphone around to perform Ollies, Kickflips, Pop shove-its and more. Skapp releases later this year as a PS4 exclusive digital-only title. The release date will be confirmed soon.
Key features include:
- A new way of playing thanks to an innovative approach using a companion app designed exclusively for Skapp
- Use your mobile phone as a skateboard and test your skills combining tricks, manuals and grinds
- Experience a game tailored for everybody, from skilled creative players to more casual ones
- Enjoy the single-player story mode, as well as others, to test your abilities.
Skimboard Hero available now on Android and iOS
Skimboard Hero, an arcade style skimboarding game with hand drawn pixel-art graphics, is out now on iOS and Android. You can check out the trailer below.
WRC 9 pre-order Bonus & Sarafi Rally Kenya gameplay video
WRC 9 Digital Deluxe includes a totally immersive WRC experience. In addition to the base game, players get two day early access. The exclusive Digital Deluxe edition also includes a 3-month subscription to WRC +, the official video platform for the championship. It airs all stages of the season live and includes expert analysis, driver profiles and much more.
The WRC 9 Digital Deluxe edition also includes 3 DLCs with more official content:
- Bonus car – the legendary Toyota Corolla WRC
- Super special stage – the Barcelona Super Special Stage
- A Head Start – start WRC 9’s Career mode with more experienced staff to give the start to your professional driving career a boost
WRC 9 launches September 3rd, 2020 on Xbox One, PS4 and PC from the Epic Games Store. Release windows for Xbox Series X, PS5 and Nintendo Switch will be announced at a later date.
New racing games announced at NACON Connect
NACON looks to the future with two new additional titles on the horizon, RiMS Racing (a game center around motorcycles) and Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown (a new game in the Test Drive Unlimited franchise). Both games will be drawing from past experiences to deliver exciting and innovative simulation gameplay.
- Madden 21 Franchise Mode Leaked on Twitter
- Will EA Sports UFC 4 Be On Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5?
- ESPN Hosting Madden 21 Ratings Week
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!