The SGO Weekly breaks down news that may have gone unnoticed throughout the previous week. In addition to general news, this includes reveals, trailers, and announcements. Check out this week’s breakdown featuring details on Blood Bowl 3, Skater XL, and more!
SGO Weekly: Blood Bowl 3 & more!
New Teams mode in Golf With Your Friends
This week, Team17 Digital launched Teams Mode for Golf With Your Friends on PC, Xbox Consoles, and PlayStation Consoles. The update arrives on Switch early next year. The new mode allows players to play Golf with Your Friends against their friends in all game types, allowing them to split into teams of any size. Teams can represent different locales from across the Golf With You Friends world and rack up points for their team. In addition, there are multiple options for team scoring, and ball collision rules aplenty. the update promises to provide a golf experience that has never been played before.
Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star available now on Switch
Imagineer Co. Ltd. and Solutions 2 GO announced Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star is now available for Nintendo Switch. The Switch version brings a new expansion pack filled with more boxing challenges. In addition to availability in the Nintendo eShop, Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star is also available at all major retailers. The game combines rhythm-based exercise routines with the Fist of the North Star universe as well as popular characters from the anime franchise. Characters act as coaches in the game, challenging players to become stronger, healthier, as well as achieve overall wellness and physical fitness through boxing.
Skater XL on Switch – now available
This week, Easy Day Studios announced Skater XL is now available in North America on Nintendo Switch. The Switch version promises to deliver the most authentic experience of street skateboarding on a handheld device. Skater XL brings its responsive 100% physics-based controls in stunning 60 FPS, giving fans of skateboarding games the creative freedom that they have always wanted.
Blood Bowl 3 reveals its first annual competitive gaming tournament
Cyanide Studio and NACON revealed a detailed look at the first-ever Blood Bowl 3 tournament format. This first competitive PC-based online tournament is organized in 3 phases: a preliminary qualifier phase, a knock-out match phase (the Play-Ins), and a final phase which will see the best Blood Bowl 3 players face off in the Season Finals.
1. Qualifiers (21 September 2023 – 11 December 2023)
- The majority of qualifications are based on the PC players’ overall ranking, as per the Official Ladder at the end of Season 2, on 11 December. The top 2 in the ranking will qualify automatically for the final phase, the Season Finals. The next 26 players, ranked between 3rd and 28th, will qualify for the second phase, the Play-Ins. Then, the top 2 players on the Ladder for each of the 14 available factions, outside of the Top 28, will be selected for the Play-Ins. Hence another 28 players will qualify for this phase. On top of that, the 2 finalists from the NAF tournament, organized on Blood Bowl 3 by the international Blood Bowl players’ association of the same name, will also qualify for the Play-Ins.
2. Play-Ins (starting from 12 December 2023)
- This phase consists of a series of matches between the 56 players who qualified from the previous phase. Just 14 of them will survive, and win a ticket entitling them to take part in the Season Finals.
3. Season Finals (13-14 & 20-21 January 2024)
- The culmination of the competition, this phase will bring together the 16 best Blood Bowl 3 players. They will face off for the honor of becoming the tournament champion and for a share of the $5000 cash prize, divided between the top 3 players in the tournament.
In other news
Be sure to check out these other great articles from outside the SGO Weekly.
- Forza Motorsport Wins Best Sports/ Racing Game at The Game Awards
- Rocket Racing Gets a New Trailer at The Game Awards
- Undisputed Women’s Revolution Update – Visual Damage, AI Improvements, & More
- EA Sports College Football Uniforms and Helmets Details Revealed
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest-growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!