The SGO Weekly breaks down news that may have gone unnoticed throughout the previous week. In addition to general news, this includes reveals, trailers, and announcements. Check out this week’s breakdown featuring more on Goalgetter, Cricket 22, and more!
SGO Weekly: Goalgetter, Cricket 22 & more!
Rocket League Sideswipe season 1 now live
Psyonix announced Season 1 of Rocket League Sideswipe, a brand-new, standalone free Rocket League game for mobile devices, has gone live. Players can get in on the action on iOS and Android. In Season 1, players can unlock cosmetic items and progress through the free Rocket Pass by playing Online Matches.
In addition, Competitive Ranks have been reset. Players can play in Ranked Online Matches to receive rewards based on their highest Competitive Rank once Season 1 ends. Those who participated in Pre-Season will also receive a reward. For more information about Competitive Play as well as Pre-Season Rewards, please read the latest blog post.
Cricket 22 launch trailer
Big Ant Studios and Nacon announced the long-awaited Cricket 22 is available now, on PC, PlayStation 5 and 4, Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One. Cricket 22 builds on Big Ant Studios’ celebrated cricket simulations from over the past decade. This years adds a next generation level of polish to the experience. Cricket 22 introduces 4K resolution graphics, a new visual engine, a narrative-driven career mode, and the broadest suite of licenses and gameplay modes in a cricket game to date.
Wreckfest crashes onto Stadia
THQ Nordic announced its critically acclaimed demolition racer, Wreckfest, is making its Stadia debut. Players can Play Wreckfest free with Stadia Pro or simply purchase from the Stadia store.
Wreckfest offers multiple racing tracks, loads of customization options, and plenty of vehicles no racing game fan could predict. Lawnmowers, harvesters, school busses, and toilets complete a more traditional vehicle list that features everything from muscle cars to tuners.
Goalgetter coming to Steam
Independent studio, netmin, announced the release of Goalgetter on Steam. The game stars former Brazilian professional football player, Ailton. Players can expect to see the game on Steam in October of 2022. Goalgetter offers a first-Person football manager experience and features:
- Simulate the entire career of your player from the first professional contract at the age of 17 to the end of the career
- Historical World Cup and European Championship tournaments
- More than 50 leagues
- All national teams in the world
- Major leagues and cup competitions such as World Cup, European Championship, U20 World Cup, U17 World Cup, Club World Cup, Olympic Games, U19 European Championship, U21 European Championship, Nations League, Champions League, European League, Conference League, and much more.
- More than 1000 teams
- More than 10,000 players
- Up to 4 players on one PC or via Steam Remote Play
- Full control over the game world. Edit players, leagues, countries, referees, and teams
- Exchange community content with other players via the Steam Workshop
In other news…
Be sure to catch up on other news outside the SGO Weekly with these great articles and check out some free cricket betting tips.
- GRID Legends Release Date Revealed
- From The Editor: EA Responds to Madden 22 Franchise Update Cancellations
- US Congress Bill Introduced to Ban Bots
- NBA 2K22 Patch Update: Left-Right Nerfed
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!