The SGO Weekly breaks down news that may have gone unnoticed throughout the previous week. In addition to general news, this includes reveals, trailers, and announcements. Check out this week’s breakdown featuring the latest details on Hot Wheels Unleashed at Comic-con, WRC 10 pre-order details opening and more!
SGO Weekly: WRC 10, Hot Wheels Unleashed & more!
Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 celebrates Olympic Opening Ceremony
This week kicked off the Olympics in Tokyo. In celebration, SEGA released a new video highlighting Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, the Official Video Game. The title brings players into 18 arcade-style party games inspired by real-life sporting events.
Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 offers multiplayer modes supporting up to 2 players locally, or 8 players online. The gameplay video showcases several events, including swimming, volleyball, baseball, rugby, and more. Players can join the fun now on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam for PC and Google Stadia.
Hot Wheels Unleashed Panel showing at Comic-Con 2021
During Comic-Con 2021, Mattel plans to host a Hot Wheels Unleashed panel featuring four key designers. Designers will be discussing the game ahead of its September 30 launch on consoles and PC. Viewers will get a look into the latest Hot Wheels vehicle design. In addition, they’ll get a glimpse of a special behind-the-scenes look at the 2021 Mattel Creations Hot Wheels exclusives for [email protected]
- Where: Official Comic-Con YouTube Channel
- When: Saturday, July 24 at 1pm PT / 4pm ET
WRC 10 unveils its pre-order and deluxe edition content
NACON and KT Racing studio unveiled more information on the Anniversary Mode and Deluxe Edition of WRC 10. With more than 22 events, WRC 10 pays tribute to the careers of many rally stars like Sébastien Loeb, Sébastien Ogier, Carlos Sainz, Peter Solberg, Tommi Mäkinen, Colin McRae, and many more. Additionally, any player pre-ordering WRC 10 standard or deluxe gets an additional historical event from 1997. With the deluxe version, players gain access to WRC 10 two days early and additional exclusive content such as:
- Historical event: Tommi Mäkinen behind the wheel of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 5 at Rallye Sanremo 1998
- Super Special Stage: Arena Panzerplatte of Rallye Deutschland reproduced at 1/1 scale, the most played special in WRC 9
- Career Starter Pack: Teams Members to reinforce your staff, and a pack of stickers for the livery editor
- 3 months free access to WRC +, the official digital platform of the WRC, giving access to every live streaming and videos of the Championship
WRC 10 is currently available for pre-order on PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.
Inaugural Olympic Virtual Series concludes
The first-ever Olympic Virtual Series ended with nearly 250,000 participants from over 100 countries totaling more than 2 million OVS entries. In addition, more than 3 million km were ridden (cycling) and over 20,000 km were rowed (Rio to Tokyo) during the 42-day series. Check out more by the numbers stats below:
- Nearly 250K Participants
- Nearly 2M entries into the Olympic Virtual Series (average of 8 entries / per participant)
- More than 100 participating countries
- Over 750K video views at Olympics.com
- Nearly 1M unique users at Olympics.com
- More than 7M impressions on Olympics social media
- 9 partners, 5 International Federations and 4 game publishers
- Over 3M km ridden (Cycling)
- More than 20,000 km rowed (Rio to Tokyo)
- 2 days of OVS competition
In other news…
Be sure to catch up on other news with these great articles.
- WRC 10 Pre-order and Deluxe Edition Details
- GRID Legends Official Reveal
- F1 2021 Patch Removes Feature For Stability
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!